Is my Axon 7 dead? Won't turn on, no lights when plugged in.

Hello,

I was driving on Saturday, allowing the GPS and streaming music to run, and my phone screen turned off, which is unusual while the GPS screen is on.

I noticed that the phone was very hot. It was not in a case, so it was vented well.

I unplugged it and let it cool down.

Upon cooling, I tried to turn it on. Nothing. I plugged it back in. No lights. Nothing on the screen.

I tried to boot it into the service menu by holding down Power+vol down, and then I tried by holding power+vol up.

Nothing happened.

I'm worried that the device is dead and I've lost all my personal information that was stored on the phone.

1.) Are there any other potential fixes I haven't thought of?

2.) Will this be eligible for warranty repair (bought it from Authorized dealer)?

3.) If it is repaired, will my personal data be saved?

Thank you.

Answers

• jmlankfordjmlankford Buffalo, NYPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your reply. I will check when I get home. I do recall holding down the power button for about 120 seconds, but that was while it was still a little warm to the touch.

As for how charged the phone was, I recall it saying "54%" about an hour before this occurred, and it was not plugged in. I suspect that with the amount of data being run along with the GPS, the final battery read was significantly lower.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@jmlankford said:
    Thank you for your reply. I will check when I get home. I do recall holding down the power button for about 120 seconds, but that was while it was still a little warm to the touch.

As for how charged the phone was, I recall it saying "54%" about an hour before this occurred, and it was not plugged in. I suspect that with the amount of data being run along with the GPS, the final battery read was significantly lower.

Okay. So try the power button first and if it still won't turn on plug in the charger and see if it will charge.

Thank you again for your response. Here is what I did:

1.) With the phone unplugged, held the power down for 2 full minutes. No response.
    2.) With the phone plugged in, held the power down for 2 full minutes. No response
    3.) I allowed the phone to charge 6 hours on the original charging cable/wall jack. Held the power down for 2 full minutes both plugged in, and unplugged. No response.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again, Jim. No SD card, and I tried the aforementioned procedure with and without the SIM/SD card try in place.

I'm going to try to do another recovery boot again, but I think you're right about warranty service - I have no LED indicator light, so I'm guessing that it's shot.

• wind_68wind_68 LA, CAPosts: 1 ✭✭

Hello, I have exactly same problem. Two month old phone, in car was steaming music. Screen was turn off, phone was not hot.. so, now it's brick.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,630 mod

Hello @jmlankford and @wind_68 Let's see if perhaps our of our CPAs @coldheat06 @hollap are able to assist you further.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you get a chance, try connecting the phone to your PC via the USB cable, and see if it gets detected.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

OK, sorry I'm just catching up on this thread. @jmlankford, you have tried everything I think you can to fix your issue as @jimlloyd40 has assisted. I would contact customer service. I'm assuming this is an Axon device, is that correct? If you need info for ZTE customer service it can be found here:

As for @wind_68, I assume you tried the things @jimlloyd40 mentioned above? Is this an Axon 7 device you are talking about? Please advise, thanks!