Nubia press release announced

hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_press_invites-news-27463.php

Thoughts? Good stuff or same old same old?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 2:55AM

Possible 5.2" display?... meh
    I'll never use anything smaller than 5.5" now, and prefer 5.7 or 6".

Possible 1080p screen?... meh
    It could have battery life for days though.

Possible front FP scanner?... never tried one so not sure.

However it's also rumored to have 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage and a dual camera.
    On the other hand, those are specs from TENAA and the North American version could be different.

I also wonder if this is another carrier device though. ZTE has had several lately.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Or maybe this??

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @DoppelgangerD my response to @hollap 's post was in reference to the bezels. I would assume that a potential Axon 8 wouldn't come out with a smaller screen and lower resolution than the A7.

My posts are in reference to the potential specs of the Nubia.
    The only one mentioning Axon 8 was you. ;)

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I want to get excited about Nubia phones but since they don't come here it's hard to :(

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    I want to get excited about Nubia phones but since they don't come here it's hard to :(

I agree, I usually don't post about devices that don't work well with US 4G bands, but since ZTE and Nubia are in bed together I figured what the heck. I've always liked the looks of their devices.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@hollap said:

@jasone said:

I agree, I usually don't post about devices that don't work well with US 4G bands, but since ZTE and Nubia are in bed together I figured what the heck. I've always liked the looks of their devices.

Yeah they do make some nice looking phones for sure, which makes it all that much sadder they don't come here

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't mind if they would bring that brand here, or rebadge them as a ZTE device. 5.2 inch devices don't bother me at all. Easier to use one handed.

@jimlloyd40 said:

What you can see looks great. Is it possible to purchase and use the Nubia phones in the US or won't it have the necessary frequencies?

Nubia has only release 1 or two phones for US frequencies. I doubt that will change. I've always liked the looks of their products though.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

What you can see looks great. Is it possible to purchase and use the Nubia phones in the US or won't it have the necessary frequencies?

Nubia has only release 1 or two phones for US frequencies. I doubt that will change. I've always liked the looks of their products though.

I watched a video last night about the best looking phones and one of them was a Nubia. I can't remember which one. I've slept since then. :D

LOL it's not easy getting older @jimlloyd40