Axon 8 Rumors

frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support EngineerTexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 28, 2017 11:03AM in Rumor Mill

The Axon 8 supposedly has a 5.5-inch OLED screen with a WQHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution,
4GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of storage (expandable via MicroSD Card), and a 3,230mAh battery

• Expect to learn more about the Axon 8’s pricing, it’s a mystery for now
  • It should come in hundreds of dollars less than the iPhone 7 and Samsung’s Galaxy S8.
  • ZTE Axon 8’s TENNA certification suggests it might be sold in China
  • ZTE’s upcoming Axon 8 remains shrouded in mystery
  • A TENNA leaked image shows a phone (with model number A2018)
  • The stereo speakers are present and accounted for, as are the three touch-sensitive navigation buttons beneath the screen
  • a Snapdragon 820 or 821 processor, still un verified as the new Snapdragon 835 chip is available
  • Unlike the Axon 7, which had a single 20-megapixel rear camera, the Axon 8 reportedly has a dual camera consisting of one 20-megapixel shooter and one 12-megapixel shooter.
  • if the Axon 8 adopts ZTE’s Blade V8 Pro’s camera tech. It lets you adjust the bokeh or focus of foreground subjects in post, and capture high-quality monochrome images
  • Axon 8 will likely run ZTE’s MiFlavor software, a proprietary layer on top of Android
  • no word on which version of Android to expect, but we wouldn’t be surprised to see Android 8.0 Oreo

Comments

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,525 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2017 11:12AM

I saw this article. If this is true I hope they use the 835 chip. It would be a disappointment to me if they used the 820 or 821. This would be a refreshed Axon 7. If this is the A7 upgrade the price should not go up considerably.

• frodriguez2010frodriguez2010 Enterprise Tech Support Engineer TexasPosts: 1,904 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dnewman007
    That is exactly what I thought. ;) I too think that the A8 would be cool as a refresh with dual camera and upgraded processor. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is the same Axon7s that is a Chinese government device that was discussed and released months ago. Thread locked in an effort to consolidate threads

This discussion has been closed.