Cannot move files after Nougat update

ruyampulruyampul United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

I have axon 7 mini and have trouble moving files from one folder to other. Be it phone or sd card. I tried doing it from the gallery app but 'Gallery app not working' pops up. I even tried moving files using file manager. No error pops up but the file is not copied or moved. I tried moving and coping files from phone to phone, phone to sd card and even sdcard to sd card. Nothing works.

Answers

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As a troubleshooting step, try clearing the app cache as well as the cache partition.

to do this, do the following:

1: Open your android settings.
    2:Click on Advanced settings.
    3: Click on Storage.
    4: Click on Phone memory.
    5: Click on Cached data and then click on OK. (you may have to do this 2 times to clear all of the data down to 0MB).

After you have done that, we can begin the process of clearing the cache partition.

1: Press the power button on your device for a few seconds to bring up the the menu.
    2: Click on Restart.
    3: Once the animation finishes, press and hold the Volume Up button until you see the recovery menu.
    4: Once in the recovery menu, use the volume keys to scroll down to the Wipe cache partition.
    5: Use the power button to click on Wipe cache partition.
    6: Click on Yes.
    7: Click on Reboot system now.

Once that is done, test if you still get the same error.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious if this happens with 3rd party file managers. Definitely, try everything @razor512 suggested and that should fix things. If not let us know if a 3rd party file manager also has issues.

• ruyampulruyampul United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

@razor512
    I cleared the app cache and the app partition. But my problem remains as is. Nothing changed after clearing the cache. Gallery app still crashes when moving of coping file. The file manager app and i am using is the one that is pre installed on the device.