How to Mirror Your Screen To A TV - ZTE Blade Z MAX

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited States Posts: 3,735 admin

@techright Shows You How To Mirror Your ZTE Blade Z MAX's Screen To A TV

Comments

• Cast isn't listed in my Display settings. Do I need to update my software maybe?

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Meganomics85 said:
    Cast isn't listed in my Display settings. Do I need to update my software maybe?

hi, @Meganomics85 , do you have the blade z max? The cast option should be there. Definitely update the software to see if that would fix your issue. Also, double check, the option is under setting-->display-->going all the way down is where you will find cast.

• Shortis_PhotoShortis_Photo 94102 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Mitsubishi TV and as far as I can tell, it isn't a "SmartTV". With that being said; is there any other way to cart or screen mirror, without the use of any other devices?

I don't want to have to go out and purchase another device. Therefore, what do you suggest that I can do?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,735 admin

@Shortis_Photo Unfortunately, without using a Chromecast or similar device there is no other option.

• You will have to make sure Wifi is connected. The device you want to Mirror (Cast) must be connected to the same network. Hope this helps.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Always use my Roku premier without any issues.

• jca0702jca0702 MdPosts: 3 ✭✭

I do not have cast in my display options and it shows no necessary updates. Please help

• lquiver07lquiver07 Mesa AZ 85202Posts: 1 ✭✭

Would an Emerson TV work?

• meganomics85 how did you solve your problem ? I have the same one

• KathyAnnArnettKathyAnnArnett KentuckyPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Cast is not on my display list either...What do I need to do??

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KathyAnnArnett said:
    Cast is not on my display list either...What do I need to do??

hi, @KathyAnnArnett

Do you have the Blade Z Max? I don't recall that the Blade Z Max is available on ATT network so unless you are using an unlocked Z Max on on ATT network or that your phone is a different model. The screencast feature depends on device (since it depends on the SoC) and not every device supports it. It is possible it is not something that your particular device supports.

• Eagle63Eagle63 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I wish they would put a shortcut in the drop-down drawer it's a pain in the **** to get to Casting as you have to go into settings then display then scroll all the way to the bottom to find the cat feature it's my biggest gripe with this device

• rogelio1234rogelio1234 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

How to screen mirror my ZTE Blade z max to a tv

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,257 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rogelio1234 said:
    How to screen mirror my ZTE Blade z max to a tv

Here's a good video on mirroring.

• JattoJatto United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

ZTE blade z max........u can only cast YouTube if ur using 5 GHz WiFi.. switch to 2 GHz then firesticks n mirroring works...ur welcome

• jay777jay777 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    Im on ATT internet.  Have a ZTE Z981. Phone is unlocked. Tv-TCL Roku. 

To mirror the phone you must go to Display,  then turn on Cast.

Sometimes the TCL device name is listed sometimes its not.  If it is listed click on the name and it will connect.  If its going to work you will know because at the top of the phone you will see an icon with a Q.  Representing MIRROR. 

Everytime I see this icon the mirror works fine.  Problem is I dont know what variable X is causing the phone to read the TV successfully.

Another way to share the screen is by using chrome browser,  then clicking the three dots and select share using WIFI DIRECT.

But i prefer using Mirror,  but as of know its a guessing game as to how to actually get it to read the TCL each time.  Ive tried modifying location settings.  no help.  also if the device tv is listed under wifi direct 'remembered groups' then if u try to cast it will not work.  Yoi have to 'forget' the group and then try casting and it will work.

• jay777jay777 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭
    YOU ZTE OWNERS ARE GOING TO LOVE ME. 

I was given this phone,  my last one cracked.  But in any event: HOW TO MIRROR SUCCESSFULLY.

After much time and trial,  finally success.

1) Mirror and casting are not the same.

You no doubt will notice you can CAST from youtube using chrome browser just fine.  But when you go into Settings,  Display,  and Cast,  and turn on no devices are found.

2) ZTE should of labeled CAST as MIRROR.

3)Device I am mirroring to is a TCL ROKU 55
    Somtimes the mirror would show my tcl device and other times it would not.  I could not figure out the variable until today.

*if you turn in CAST obviously your device name will populate ince it does click on the name and it will say connecting.  And on the ZTE you will see a square gray icon with a letter Q in it.  Mirroring displays really quick.  If the progress bar (purple)  gets hung its not going to work.  Chances are you need to go to WIFI DIRECT,  the device name will be listed there under 'remembered groups' click om the name and select 'forget'.   YOU CANT HAVE THE DEVICE LISTED IN BOTH PLACES OR IT WILL GET HUNG.

Solution: i have been with charter spectrum time warner and now ATT FIBER.  Both routers have two different WIFI radios a 2.5ghz and a 5ghz.  The TCL will autoconnect to the 5ghz.  Most cell device auto connect. to 2.5ghz.  So that is why the mobile app is not seeing the broadcast of the TCL ROKU.

Go into the settings of the router. Dont just start making changes without understanding the layout of your WIFI configuration screen.

But in short,  disable or turn off the 5ghz radio,  the TCL then will connect to the 2.5 just like ur cell device and the problem is solved.

MIRROR AWAY WITH KODI,  Use a vpn,  and get ur in theater movies on ur 55" screen with denon powered tower subs.  Awesome!
  • scottdoddgascottdoddga United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    READ THIS EVERYONE, ABOUT CASTING, MIRRORING, AND MORE

I don't care what TV or Laptop, or PC, or phone (but the Zte Blade 982 is very nice), I can get you casting, mirroring, or old school cable.......

OK everyone check this out I have  Roku TV (tcl) and a Amazing FireTv stick (2nd version) and have a Roku Stick (r3600). I have a Z982 Blade cell phone. 
    To run YouTube from phone to APP you do not need to be on same 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz just the same router. 
    To cast from phone to tv using RCast App you must be in same  2.4 or 5.0Ghz on same router (if you have a Roku stick or Roku TV) (you only need to install app on your phone). 
    To cast from phone to TV using Roku App you must be in same 2.4 or 5.0Ghz on same router (again if you have a Roku stick or Roku TV and you only need to install app on your phone). 
    Basically if you cast from phone to tv, your TV can have capability to pause, stop, rewind, etc so you can save battery on phone. If you mirror from the setting-display-cast route on the phone then you must be on same 2.4 or 5.0Ghz and same router but your phone does all the work on controling what you are watching. Now u can on and on with laptop, phone, tv, etc so contact me and I will guide you in all things casting and mirroring. 

I am disabled now for the last 2 years so I have nothing but time to ''play' around and I think I have mastered a bunch. Since my income has drastically been reduced now I always and so far mean always find a way to do it free or at a very low cost. The information is there and I would be happy to assist anyone with what I have learned. 

And while I am talking on and on, this talk about OTG capabilities is very frustrating owning a ZTE. If you look at the web it says it is functional. I really need it to be to combine a IR blaster with a Bluetooth and a WiFi function to use a (or develope one) universal remote control for all of my toys.  

With technology as it is, it is a shame that all devices aren't at least at a level for basic good functionality. There should be a level 1, level 2 , and a I don't want anything but a phone option. Level 1 to have good useful functions and level 2 for everything to include beta functions. I am only 51 years old and this cell is faster and can do more then my first computer (which is still working btw). So to say OTG isn't needed., I can give you several reasons why it should and cost isn't a factor anymore for this technology of OTG. Even though cost drive mostly everything, open source systems allow us to create whatever we think into existence. You just gotta try.

So email me with your TV make and model or laptop make and model and phone model, and I will email you or call you (if you leave your number) with all that I know. And I never day I know everything but I do say I can figure anything  out. There  is a difference - 1 is an **** and the other just is a good person to kniw. LOL
    Good night all.....,.