Clockwork Synergy straps: 6mm too thick for the ZTE Quartz?

newtozte730564newtozte730564 AmericaPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone comment on the 6mm vs. 4mm leather straps (Gentlemens Collection and Dapper Collection, I believe) over at clockworksynergy?

As noted in my other post, I can't seem to find any "notched corner" straps, like the rubber strap that came with it, that is probably 24 or even 26mm, but is notched to fit the 22mm lugs, creating a more substantial look.

As I've noted, and some others it seems, a replacement 22mm band seems skinny and somewhat lacking due to the bulk of the watch case itself. My thought was that maybe a thicker strap would create a more balanced look, and it turns out clockworksynergy is one of the few places with thicker leather straps, plus the quick release pins, and some great looking leather as well, but I'm wondering if the 6mm is overkill? I actually like the look of the 6mm straps a bit more than the 4mm ones, but don't want to wind up looking like I'm wearing a roll of toilet tissue lol.

Also not sure how stiff the 6mm is, versus the 4mm ones which seem to be indicated to be more ready to wear, not requiring a break in period. I do prefer a softer, more ready to wear strap.

Anyone have any familiarity with either of the Gentlemens or Dapper Collection, on the ZTE Quartz?

Or maybe someone from clockwork can weigh in on this?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,576 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2017 10:14PM

Tagging @clockworksynergy on this one to hopefully get some feedback.

@newtozte730564 said:
    Can anyone comment on the 6mm vs. 4mm leather straps (Gentlemens Collection and Dapper Collection, I believe) over at clockworksynergy?

For me personally, I haven't tried those bands, but to be honest, the casing of the Quartz is so thick, you probably can't go wrong with any band being too big or too thick.

• newtozte730564newtozte730564 AmericaPosts: 23 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:
    Tagging @clockworksynergy one this one to hopefully get some feedback.

@newtozte730564 said:

For me personally, I haven't tried those bands, but to be honest, the casing of the Quartz is so big, you probably can't go wrong with any band being too big or too thick.

Yes, that's a good point. I guess maybe I'll just have to take a risk and see what one looks like. Hopefully they have a good return or exchange policy.

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,409 admin

Adding in @clockworksynergy for some insight on this as they have one of our watches.

@clockworksynergy said:
    Hey @newtozte730564 ! I shot a few pictures for you to compare the two. But yes like @DoppelgangerD mentioned, the case is pretty deep so both work well in our opinion!
    Also, Everything we sell come with a hassle-free 60-day return policy. Any orders located within the US(United States) will receive a complimentary shipping label (free of charge) for returning the item! We also have a 15% off coupon code for ZTE Quartz owners, which is quartz15 :)

Hello clockworksynergy! Wow, thanks for the huge help. The pics definitely are a big assist, and great to know about your wonderful return policy.

Looks like it's time to place an order! I agree, both straps look terrific, but in actually seeing them with this device, I'm now leaning toward the 4mm, the Dapper series.

In fact, what is the one being used there, in the fourth photo? That actually looks exactly like what I wanted, even the color, haha. Gives a whole new look to the watch!

Will hope to hear back. Again, thanks for your brilliant assistance!

• jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the pics @clockworksynergy it really helps to see them on the watch itself. Those are some great looking straps.

• clockworksynergyclockworksynergy Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@newtozte730564 said:

@clockworksynergy said:
    Hey @newtozte730564 ! I shot a few pictures for you to compare the two. But yes like @DoppelgangerD mentioned, the case is pretty deep so both work well in our opinion!
    Also, Everything we sell come with a hassle-free 60-day return policy. Any orders located within the US(United States) will receive a complimentary shipping label (free of charge) for returning the item! We also have a 15% off coupon code for ZTE Quartz owners, which is quartz15 :)

Hello clockworksynergy! Wow, thanks for the huge help. The pics definitely are a big assist, and great to know about your wonderful return policy.

Looks like it's time to place an order! I agree, both straps look terrific, but in actually seeing them with this device, I'm now leaning toward the 4mm, the Dapper series.

In fact, what is the one being used there, in the fourth photo? That actually looks exactly like what I wanted, even the color, haha. Gives a whole new look to the watch!

Hey @newtozte730564 ! No problem! Glad we were able to help answer your question! The Dapper band shown here is our Washed Brown edition! Feel free to contact us anytime; always happy to help :)

• clockworksynergyclockworksynergy Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    Thanks for the pics @clockworksynergy it really helps to see them on the watch itself. Those are some great looking straps.

Glad you found them helpful @jasone ! And thank you!

@clockworksynergy said:

@newtozte730564 said:

@clockworksynergy said:

Hey @newtozte730564 ! No problem! Glad we were able to help answer your question! The Dapper band shown here is our Washed Brown edition! Feel free to contact us anytime; always happy to help :)

Very nice looking strap. Will need to order that one! Thanks again!