ZTE MAX XL

ProgELP1970ProgELP1970 USAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Just Recently Purchased My New ZTE MAX XL...It's A Splendid Device Indeed...Does Anyone Know If It's Going To Eventually Recieve The 8.0 Oreo Update??

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter Tallahassee FLPosts: 969 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There has been no announcement on what ZTE devices will get 8.0. stay tuned to the community for any news regarding software updates.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ProgELP1970 said:
    I Just Recently Purchased My New ZTE MAX XL...It's A Splendid Device Indeed...Does Anyone Know If It's Going To Eventually Recieve The 8.0 Oreo Update??

That's a carrier phone (Boost Mobile) and it's mostly up to Boost if it will be updated to Oreo. However generally speaking it's considered a budget phone, and a nice one at that, but budget phones rarely receive a system update. It's possible but not extremely likely as the carriers would prefer that you purchase a new phone every year to get the new operating system.

• ProgELP1970ProgELP1970 USAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:
    There has been no announcement on what ZTE devices will get 8.0. stay tuned to the community for any news regarding software updates.

Thanx...

• ProgELP1970ProgELP1970 USAPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ProgELP1970 said:

That's a carrier phone (Boost Mobile) and it's mostly up to Boost if it will be updated to Oreo. However generally speaking it's considered a budget phone, and a nice one at that, but budget phones rarely receive a system update. It's possible but not extremely likely as the carriers would prefer that you purchase a new phone every year to get the new operating system.

The First 2 LG Stylos I Had Upgraded To The Latest Software...And They Were Budget Devices On BoostMobile...So I Would Assume/Hope The ZTE MAX XL Being A Newer Model Would As Well...

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ProgELP1970 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@ProgELP1970 said:

The First 2 LG Stylos I Had Upgraded To The Latest Software...And They Were Budget Devices On BoostMobile...So I Would Assume/Hope The ZTE MAX XL Being A Newer Model Would As Well...

Generally budget phones don't get updated to the latest OS version except when they are initially released very close to the debut of the new OS. It's still up to the carrier though.