Duplicate text message

GaryGary OklahomaPosts: 1

Hi, I am suddenly getting multiple text messages. Sometimes 40 to 50 of the same message. I have 2 Zte max pros and it's Only from one to the other. Any suggestions?

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gary said:
    Hi, I am suddenly getting multiple text messages. Sometimes 40 to 50 of the same message. I have 2 Zte max pros and it's Only from one to the other. Any suggestions?

I did a search for this problem and found that it has been happening for at least 3 years on multiple different phones with all the carriers and with multiple different texting apps. I could not find a definitive answer. It seemed as though most people just endured the problem and ultimately it went away by itself. Clearing the cache in your texting app. Uninstall and reinstall your texting app. Asking your carrier to do a reset on your services. Using a different texting app. Doing a factory reset on your phone. Those are a list of things that worked for some people but not everyone. I would start with the easiest options to try and the factory reset as the last resort.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gary said:

Good Morning @Gary First try contacting your carrier and asking them to re-provision your IMEI on the network. This same issue has happened to me before in the past.

After contacting your carrier I would do as @jimlloyd40 suggested and trying using a different messaging app to see if that resolves it.

Please let us know if that fixes the issue.

• jstilesjstiles escondido, caPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just got my first ZTE Max and I am having the same problem. I get 20 or more o the same text messages, sometimes 10 in a day and I'm not getting any of my message or voice mail until days later. So frustrating. I'm a Sprint customer. I should head over there and get some help. I'm glad I'm not alone.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jstiles said:
    I just got my first ZTE Max and I am having the same problem. I get 20 or more o the same text messages, sometimes 10 in a day and I'm not getting any of my message or voice mail until days later. So frustrating. I'm a Sprint customer. I should head over there and get some help. I'm glad I'm not alone.

@jstiles I'm sorry that you have this problem and I understand that you're not the only one but being glad that other people have the problem seems a little unfair.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,780 mod

@jstiles said:

@jstiles if your on Sprint you have the Max XL a completely different device

• I am also getting duplicate messages, even after a reset. For me, it started when I ported a number into my carrier (TMo). I was thinking it had something to with where I ported 'from' as the number was 'on hold' with Sideline Number. I'm going to try to have TMo re-provision and see if that helps. Thanks for the ideas.