Duplicate text message

GaryGary OklahomaPosts: 1

Hi, I am suddenly getting multiple text messages. Sometimes 40 to 50 of the same message. I have 2 Zte max pros and it's Only from one to the other. Any suggestions?

Comments

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gary said:
    Hi, I am suddenly getting multiple text messages. Sometimes 40 to 50 of the same message. I have 2 Zte max pros and it's Only from one to the other. Any suggestions?

Good Morning @Gary First try contacting your carrier and asking them to re-provision your IMEI on the network. This same issue has happened to me before in the past.

After contacting your carrier I would do as @jimlloyd40 suggested and trying using a different messaging app to see if that resolves it.

Please let us know if that fixes the issue.

• jstilesjstiles escondido, caPosts: 1 ✭✭

I just got my first ZTE Max and I am having the same problem. I get 20 or more o the same text messages, sometimes 10 in a day and I'm not getting any of my message or voice mail until days later. So frustrating. I'm a Sprint customer. I should head over there and get some help. I'm glad I'm not alone.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod

@jstiles said:
    I just got my first ZTE Max and I am having the same problem. I get 20 or more o the same text messages, sometimes 10 in a day and I'm not getting any of my message or voice mail until days later. So frustrating. I'm a Sprint customer. I should head over there and get some help. I'm glad I'm not alone.

@jstiles if your on Sprint you have the Max XL a completely different device

• gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also getting duplicate messages, even after a reset. For me, it started when I ported a number into my carrier (TMo). I was thinking it had something to with where I ported 'from' as the number was 'on hold' with Sideline Number. I'm going to try to have TMo re-provision and see if that helps. Thanks for the ideas.