Change Lockscreen unlock Gesture?

scv484scv484 USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to natively change the lockscreen gesture (hold to unlock) on the phone? I came from swipe to open and am having a hard time conforming, :p Don't really want to use a replacement app if I don't have to. (and I'm not much on the fingerprint)

Comments

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree I'm not a big fan of the long press to unlock ZTE uses but since they added fingerprint scanners I've not really used that. You can choose between long press, pattern, PIN, password, none, or the fingerprint scanner under security then screen lock. Unfortunately, there is no way to do swipe to unlock.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2017 11:04PM

(nevermind, sorry)

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:

@jasone said:
    I agree I'm not a big fan of the long press to unlock ZTE uses but since they added fingerprint scanners I've not really used that. You can choose between long press, pattern, PIN, password, none, or the fingerprint scanner under security then screen lock. Unfortunately, there is no way to do swipe to unlock.

I wonder what happens if you choose NONE instead of LONG PRESS.

I tried it before replying, it just removes the lock screen entirely and you see your home screen instead ;)

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 941 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2017 11:05PM

@jasone said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@jasone said:

I wonder what happens if you choose NONE instead of LONG PRESS.

I tried it before replying, it just removes the lock screen entirely and you see your home screen instead

Ok, sorry I misunderstood the question which made my last reply seem odd, lol. thanks.
    What I was thinking was, why not just turn it off as opposed to using the long press if he didn't like the long press option.

• scv484scv484 USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Hrmm.... "none" seems interesting. Hadn't really thought about that. I have no real reason for a lock screen anyways.

Thanks for the input everyone.