Bought ZTE from friend and factory reset it but no knows previous google account....

JTaylor11271985JTaylor11271985 Point Pleasant, WV 25550Posts: 1

Someone Anyone PLEASE?????? I bought this ZTE Stack model: Z799VL and the person I bought it from has no idea what any of the previous Google accounts are it has already been factory reset so someone tell me how to use the phone with my personal Google account???????????

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

They didn't factory reset it right. They did it from the recovery menu. They need to do it from inside the OS. Take it back to them and have them put in their account info and reset it the supported way through the settings menu. Hard to believe this friend doesn't remember what Google account they used in the phone. Was it originally theirs? Or did they get it somewhere else? Friend should refund you.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Right, this is a security feature of Android to prevent people from using stolen phones. The original owner must reset the phone with their Google account and password first. If they cannot remember then there is nothing you can do.