ZTE Max XL Stuck In Bootloop! Please Help!

Sup3rnova510Sup3rnova510 Oakland, CAPosts: 3 ✭✭

So I have a ZTE Max XL on Virgin Moblie and it is unrooted. I was using wondering if there was a way to fix it without factory resetting. If there's not, I was wondering if there was any way to backup my data. I am able to get to the recovery mode screen and FTM screen. BTW, I was not tring to root or flash any roms or anything, this happened while I was trying to restart (not reset) my phone but accidentally went into FTM. I then exited FTM and was greeted with a bootloop. It gets past the ZTE screen but stays on the android screen forever. It doesn't go back to the ZTE logo unless I power on and off, then gets stuck on the shining android logo again. Thanks for anyone who tries to help. I really don't want to lose my data.!Attatched is a photo of the screen it gets stuck on.

Comments

• Sup3rnova510Sup3rnova510 Oakland, CAPosts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 19, 2017 9:59PM

@jimlloyd40 Yes I did both of those things and in FTM it said hold power button to reboot so I did that and that's how it started bootlooping

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Sup3rnova510 said: Yes I did both of those things and in FTM it said hold power button to reboot so I did that and that's how it started bootlooping

I would just FDR the thing and get it over with. I don't think you have much choice at this point, and if that fixes the issue then I would consider that good news that it's not totally fubar. Good luck.

• Sup3rnova510Sup3rnova510 Oakland, CAPosts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 20, 2017 12:21PM

@jimlloyd40 I can't get to the main settings only the recovery menu and I don't want to lose any data. Also, why can't I factory reset it from the recovery menu.