Phone dialer issues

I often have to access the phone dial pad when on a call (for example, for touch tone banking), but the display ends up showing the notifications menu and concealing the dial pad. I thus have to mess around to get the dial pad back. Why does it not stay uppermost on the display instead of hiding behind the notifications list? Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am unsure if I am misunderstanding the issue, but is the notification shade getting activated while the phone is up to your ear?

If so, double check to make sure that there is no screen protector covering the proximity sensor (the device uses an optical proximity sensor.

Beyond that, while in a call, the stock dialer should always provide 1 click access to the number pad.

Furthermore, if the notification share is pulled down, it is designed to always be on top of all other overlays on the screen as a default behavior for all android devices.

• msweinbergmsweinberg Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

I am attaching a screen shot of what I see on my phone while on a call and when I have to access the key pad for a touch tone function,. The screen you have shown in your previous reply is typically NOT showing; see attachment for a typical screen that I see instead.

I am not aware that I have the notification screen pulled down before making the call. Is it possible that notifications are coming in while I am on a call, and those inbound notifications then are forced to be at the top layer of my screen?

Thanks for your insights!

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like it might be because of the notifications on the screen, when your on a call theirs a notification in the notification shade showing the call as well as a little circle showing the call. If you click either of them it will bring you back to the call to open the dialer, must phone apps hide the dial pad after the call connects to prevent you from dialing random numbers with the phone up against your face