Axon 7 Battery % Not Showing Properly

When I charge with my phone turned off until full and turn it back on, it will only show 70%. I know for a fact that it is fully charged since it will stay at that level until the battery level actually drops below 70%.

It is quite annoying. I tried clearing my cache, factory reset it a few times and it keeps coming back. I even try a battery calibration app. Anyone experienced the same issue before?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kavleung said:
    When I charge with my phone turned off until full and turn it back on, it will only show 70%. I know for a fact that it is fully charged since it will stay at that level until the battery level actually drops below 70%.

It is quite annoying. I tried clearing my cache, factory reset it a few times and it keeps coming back. I even try a battery calibration app. Anyone experienced the same issue before?

Do you happen to have any kind of 3rd party app installed that could alter the battery optimizations... even after resetting the phone? If you have the same issue even after resetting the phone to factory default settings, then you will likely have to contact ZTE customer support and have it repaired/replaced.

• kavleungkavleung Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Try draining the battery until the phone just shuts off and then charge it until it's fully charged.

I have tried that already. It kept coming back. I guess I will either get it repaired/replaced like DoppelgangerD suggested. I am hesitant about that since I live in Canada. It takes a while to get a replacement device.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kavleung said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Try draining the battery until the phone just shuts off and then charge it until it's fully charged.

I have tried that already. It kept coming back. I guess I will either get it repaired/replaced like DoppelgangerD suggested. I am hesitant about that since I live in Canada. It takes a while to get a replacement device.

@kavleung on phones that I've had before that didn't offer a battery percentage option I would just install one from the Play Store that is simply called battery percentage ". The app doesn't do anything except display the battery percentage in the upper left corner of the notification bar. You could download that app and if it agrees with the built-in one then return the phone but if it says 100% when it's fully charged you'll know that your phone is charging completely.

It happened again today. That app doesn't work, as it shows the same percentage as the phone which is only at 68%. I plugged my phone in all night to charge with it turned off.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kavleung said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kavleung said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kavleung on phones that I've had before that didn't offer a battery percentage option I would just install one from the Play Store that is simply called battery percentage ". The app doesn't do anything except display the battery percentage in the upper left corner of the notification bar. You could download that app and if it agrees with the built-in one then return the phone but if it says 100% when it's fully charged you'll know that your phone is charging completely.

It happened again today. That app doesn't work, as it shows the same percentage as the phone which is only at 68%. I plugged my phone in all night to charge with it turned off.

@kavleung the app does work and the proof is that it just verified that the built-in battery percentage readout is accurate and means that it's time to warranty out your phone. I didn't expect the app to fix your problem. Just verify it and it did that.

@jimlloyd40 the % will stay there for a while before it starts dropping, so I am suspecting the actual % is higher than 68%, but I guess I will never know. Time to explore the advanced exchange route. Thanks.

• ggregggreg Posts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2017 5:18PM

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @kavleung the app does work and the proof is that it just verified that the built-in battery percentage readout is accurate and means that it's time to warranty out your phone. I didn't expect the app to fix your problem. Just verify it and it did that.

The battery level apps are useless for diagnosing something like this. My first Axon 7 was stuck at 98%, even though the actual usage showed that the battery itself had good volume and discharged normally. Every app I tried showed the same 98%, continuously, which was obviously wrong. Had to RMA the phone.