Axon 7 camera vendor and part number?

Neither my limited Googling skills nor hardware apps have revealed the Axon 7 camera vendor and part number help please.

Comments

• tomhardytomhardy Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you,

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

@tomhardy Good evening. I was curious what was wrong with your camera currently and why you would not have it repaired under warranty if needed? If I can help in any way please let me know.

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    @tomhardy Good evening. I was curious what was wrong with your camera currently and why you would not have it repaired under warranty if needed? If I can help in any way please let me know.

Good evening. My camera is fine. There is a lot of talk about no camera2 API. I am interested in what vendor documentation exists or if there are any other phones using the same camera that had camera2.

@tomhardy I don't think there would be any source for that information. The Camera2 API is just software and I seriously doubt that anyone has cataloged such a statistic.

I don't know what you mean by statistic. But, by matching specs it looks like the camera uses a Samsung S5K2P8 or similar sensor. Interestingly, this is a "sensor only" and not a complete SoC. This suggests that the "camera" may use the SD820 camera processor.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Axon 7 camera module is part # S5K2T8 and is the only device that contains the sensor so hard to compare it to another device.

• beenwaitingforthisbeenwaitingforthis Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kudos @tomhardy for thinking outside the box and at least trying to fix something that ZTE should already have done...

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tomhardy said:

@ironbaybeedoll said:

Good evening. My camera is fine. There is a lot of talk about no camera2 API. I am interested in what vendor documentation exists or if there are any other phones using the same camera that had camera2.

Nothing to do with the camera hardware. Hardware is fully capable and it is easily enabled with a build.prop change.

@louisd said:

@tomhardy said:

@ironbaybeedoll said:

Nothing to do with the camera hardware. Hardware is fully capable and it is easily enabled with a build.prop change.

So you are saying build.prop changes will do everything and camera2 isn't needed?

• wiseman13wiseman13 United StatesPosts: 662 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The build.prop will make it register as compatible, but it does not change the fact that the camera HAL is not fully camera API 2 compliant since they are using a custom HAL.

edited November 2, 2017 5:50PM

@wiseman13 said:
    The build.prop will make it register as compatible, but it does not change the fact that the camera HAL is not fully camera API 2 compliant since they are using a custom HAL.

That's my understanding also, but I am unclear if HAL2 or HAL3 is needed. Also, my guess was the image signal processing is in the SD820-I wonder if Qualcomm supplies the HAL.

@wiseman13 said:

Not sure what to tell you, with the change every item I've tried to use, manual focus, manual aperture, the Google camera with HDR plus, all work perfectly.

edited November 4, 2017 4:05PM

@louisd said:

@wiseman13 said:

Not sure what to tell you, with the change every item I've tried to use, manual focus, manual aperture, the Google camera with HDR plus, all work perfectly.

This change? persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1? Are you on Lineage OS or stock/build? Note that Google Camera will "work" with no system changes, but it means it just doesn't crash. I can't detect any HDR shutter action or indication in EXIF data of HDR use. I'm on Lineage OS using B32 bootstack.

edited November 9, 2017 8:53AM

@tomhardy said:

@louisd said:

@wiseman13 said:

This change? persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1? Are you on Lineage OS or stock/build? Note that Google Camera will "work" with no system changes, but it means it just doesn't crash. I can't detect any HDR shutter action or indication in EXIF data of HDR use. I'm on Lineage OS using B32 bootstack.

Rooted stock. And HDR+ is enabled in Google Camera as shown in the difference in the pictures and in the EXIF data. @DrakenFX Care to comment?

@louisd said:

@tomhardy said:

@louisd said:

@wiseman13 said:

Rooted stock. And HDR is enabled as shown in the difference in the pictures and in the EXIF data. @DrakenFX Care to comment?

You don't need camera2 to do "HDR" on stock. Personally I'm interested in HDR on Lineage OS. You can do an HDR of sorts with Open Camera that takes multiple images and combines them-but that's pretty slow where the subject has to be pretty still. Don't know what the camera2 concern is with people on stock.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,011 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@tomhardy
    I don't know which Google Camera you're using, but the one I have sign to work for my Axon 7 works with Stock and LineageOS.

edited November 6, 2017 7:10PM

@DrakenFX said:
    @tomhardy
    I don't know which Google Camera you're using, but the one I have sign to work for my Axon 7 works with Stock and LineageOS.

Interesting-I'm on today's LOS and Google Camera from Open-GApps and using your B32 bootstack. Google Camera works in manual mode to change exposure, works in HDR, but the images are far worse than non-HDR and as a nit grid lines don't work. Is there anything to changing build.prop? I'm fine with native LOS camera. Changing the subject-I want to continue using the B32 bootstack, but it breaks seamlessly installing LOS updates. I think the problem is that tz.mbn sets the image version to TZ.BF.4.0.1-00325 and the LOS installer script is looking for TZ.BF.4.0.1-00315. Tried to do it myself but, I'm a noob and don't know how to repack the zip file after I hex-edited so it installs so end up deleting the asserts in updater script. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

@tomhardy
    use my GCam resign to work for A7, here is the link and let me how that works for ya.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8cdU3uVXtkjaUlzZEhhZHV1b0U

the "TZ" checkpoint is something LOS dev. need to change to match B32 bootstack, i have to mod the updater_script every time i want to install new update.

@DrakenFX said:
    @tomhardy
    use my GCam resign to work for A7, here is the link and let me how that works for ya.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8cdU3uVXtkjaUlzZEhhZHV1b0U

the "TZ" checkpoint is something LOS dev. need to change to match B32 bootstack, i have to mod the updater_script every time i want to install new update.

Did a totally clean install of newest lineage and Open GApps to remove old GCam that was installed as a system app. Soon as opening got "Camera has stopped." went through the same process and installed Play Store version that works fine. SOmething apparently wrong with Open GApps version. Thanks.

@tomhardy
    You still need to Mod/ add this line at the end of the build.prop and Reboot.

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1

Otherwise, you'll get Camera stop working....

@DrakenFX said:
    @tomhardy
    You still need to Mod/ add this line at the end of the build.prop and Reboot.

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1

Otherwise, you'll get Camera stop working....

That did it. Thanks!

@tomhardy said:
    That did it. Thanks!

glad that worked for you, let us know or just post some goodies here in our Community for us eye candy :dizzy: