Spro2 Projection Light Flickers, then Dies!

dc3033dc3033 plano, txPosts: 3 ✭✭

I am on my second device. ZTE replaced the first one (or did they?) Now, the second unit is doing the same as my first which made me send it in for repairs. While watching a movie, a message will display when the battery runs down. When I insert the battery cable, the projector light begins to flicker in and out until finally fading to black. The sound can still be heard, and if I unplug the battery cable, the picture reappears. Factory reset has been done, apps uninstalled...nothing fixes the problem. Any suggestions other than use it as a paper weight?

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you checked your outlet or power strip with a multimeter to see if it's not over or under volting?

• dc3033dc3033 plano, txPosts: 3 ✭✭

Since this is the second unit to do the same thing, I thought it might be my outlet. But, I've taken it to work, and other locations to try, and the same same result occurs.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017 12:01PM

@dc3033 said:
    Since this is the second unit to do the same thing, I thought it might be my outlet. But, I've taken it to work, and other locations to try, and the same same result occurs.

Hi @dc3033 and welcome to the Z-Community.

Does the projector have a detachable power cable that can be swapped out with a different cable?
    There's a chance that could also be the problem.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If it is your outlet, you could have damaged the adapter already by having it plugged in there. I would still check your outlet with a multimeter to confirm everything is alright there.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017 12:32PM

@jasonscarter said:
    If it is your outlet, you could have damaged the adapter already by having it plugged in there. I would still check your outlet with a multimeter to confirm everything is alright there.

That's a good point. If the outlet is potentially causing irreversible damage, it could have done it twice now without realizing it.

• dc3033dc3033 plano, txPosts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks y'all...I will test it out. That makes the most sense.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,023 admin

@dc3033 Do you have an update for us?