Videos and music randomly pause

quanie_bquanie_b Kentucky, USAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Zcommunity! I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I recently purchased the Blade Z max and I must say, it's been a great experience. The only thing that I noticed is that whenever I'm watching a video on YouTube, Facebook, ect...or listening to music, it randomly pauses and I have to click the play button before it continues. It does this throughout every video or song I listen to. I've factory reset the phone and the cleared cache. Is anyone having this issue?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI @quanie_b and welcome to the Z-Community.
    Are you using wifi or cellular connectivity when this happens?
    If you signal is dropping for even just a second, that can trigger the video playback to stop,
    or if your signal is too slow and the video has to stop to buffer that can cause it too.
    Also, if you may be using wired headphones and if there is a short in the wire or the connector comes loose,
    that can also cause the issue you're having.

• quanie_bquanie_b Kentucky, USAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD, thanks for the quick response. It seems to happen over both, cellular and wifi. At first, I thought it was just buffering. So I connected to my wifi to see if that would help, but it did not.
    While watching YouTube, the video seems to load just fine. So I'm assuming the network isn't the issue. But when I go to play the video, that's when I run into the issue of it randomly pausing.
    I really like this phone and I hope that it's just my unit with this issue. I'm going to take it back to Metro and see if they will give me a new one. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue before I go swap it...thanks again @DoppelgangerD

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,811 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@quanie_b said:
    @DoppelgangerD, thanks for the quick response. It seems to happen over both, cellular and wifi. At first, I thought it was just buffering. So I connected to my wifi to see if that would help, but it did not.
    While watching YouTube, the video seems to load just fine. So I'm assuming the network isn't the issue. But when I go to play the video, that's when I run into the issue of it randomly pausing.
    I really like this phone and I hope that it's just my unit with this issue. I'm going to take it back to Metro and see if they will give me a new one. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue before I go swap it...thanks again @DoppelgangerD

I'm quite sure that if the issue was with all units, you would see a lot of complaining because the Blade Z Max is a very popular device. Let us know what Metro PCS says and if replacing or repairing the device solves your issue.
    It will be very helpful to anyone who may have a similar issue in the future. Thanks.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can definitely say I've never experienced this sort of thing with my Blade Z Max. It really does sound like a buffering issue but that shouldn't happen on your WiFi as I'm sure it's fast enough to keep up.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do local music files pause as well? Or does it only happen when streaming? If it's streaming only, then for sure it would point to some kind of network issue as the root of all the problems.

So I took it back to Metro and they said that they haven't heard of this issue. The manager at the store tested my device out and seen what was going on and couldn't come up with a solution. He was very polite and told me that he will order me a new phone and call me once it's in. Once I get the new device, I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for everyone's response.

@jasonscarter , I did try to play a song that I downloaded from my PC and it paused as well...I'm really thinking that it's my device. So hopefully when the new one comes in, everything works as it should.

Yeah, sounds like defective device. Good luck with replacement process!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to give you guys an update on getting my Blade Z Max replaced...

Yesterday I got a call from the Metro PCS store and the manager told me that my replacement device was ready for pick up.

When I got there, the manager greeted me and thanked me for being patient. He then went to the back of the store and grabbed the replacement device, placed my SIM card in and booted it up. He went to YouTube and played 3 or 4 videos just to make sure everything was working properly, and it was. He then apologized that he sold me a faulty device and thanked me for being cool throughout the replacement process.

I have to honestly say that was some of the best customer service I’ve had dealing with a authorized dealer ever. So all the people who claims Metro is a scam, I absolutely disagree. It all depends on the people working there.

But anyway, since I’ve had my replacement device, I haven’t had any issues whatsoever. I currently own an iPhone 6s and I barely realize the difference between the two, concerning speed and every day use. I love this phone. ZTE did pretty well with this device!

I just want to thank everyone again for responding to my post and helping me out. The Z-community is another reason why having this phone is great.

Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome!

Glad this was taken care of. Now enjoy your device!

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update @quanie_b I'm sorry you had to get it replaced but very happy to hear the replacement is working well.

• @DoppelgangerD said:
    HI @quanie_b and welcome to the Z-Community.
    Are you using wifi or cellular connectivity when this happens?
    If you signal is dropping for even just a second, that can trigger the video playback to stop,
    or if your signal is too slow and the video has to stop to buffer that can cause it too.
    Also, if you may be using wired headphones and if there is a short in the wire or the connector comes loose,
    that can also cause the issue you're having.

I have been having the same problem for months and it is Not A network issue and happens with every single music or video app!

• @jasonscarter said:
    Yeah, sounds like defective device. Good luck with replacement process!

It IS NOT just a defective device a lot of ppl including myself are having this same problem!

• @DoppelgangerD said:

@quanie_b said:

I'm quite sure that if the issue was with all units, you would see a lot of complaining because the Blade Z Max is a very popular device. Let us know what Metro PCS says and if replacing or repairing the device solves your issue.
    It will be very helpful to anyone who may have a similar issue in the future. Thanks.

Actually there ARE a ton of complaints about this exact same issue!...just Google it, Zte needs to address this!

• ztebladeboii5ztebladeboii5 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

My phone does the exact same thing we have the highest possible internet speed for my internet company that we use this isn't the first time it's happened on a phone that I've had but it's only been on a ZTE and a Kyocera that it has done that any other brand of phone that I've ever had I've never had this issue it only paused when I paused it so I feel what you're going through so I don't have nothing to do with my internet or my carrier provider because I've had many phones through Metro PCS and I've never had this issue