ZTE ZMax Pro will not charge - Warranty question

lscrisplscrisp MichiganPosts: 3 ✭✭

I bought my ZMax Pro in March, so it's right around 7 months old now. I am at work and don't have the paperwork that came with it, so I'm wondering, how long is the warranty on these phones? I bought it new from a T-Mobile store.

The phone says that it is charging (with the lightning bolt on the battery display in the upper right corner), even when the cord is not connected. If I disconnect the cord from the charger first, before unplugging it from the phone, it reverts back to normal, showing the battery is working properly. But, if I disconnect the charging cable from the phone first, it will still show as being charged, even in the battery screen, where it tells what apps are using power. This kinda tells me that it may be a problem with the connector on the phone, rather than the battery, but I'm not sure. It worked fine last night and I woke this morning to 40% on the phone.

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

T-Mobile should be able to do a warranty exchange on the device if the warranty on that particular device is 12 months.

• lscrisplscrisp MichiganPosts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for the replies. I just chatted with ZTE customer service and I'm going to try a factory reset before I go to the T-Mobile store

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

@iscrisp You might want to try clearing the partition cache first. It's a longshot, but it may work and you not have to go through the headache of a reset. :)