Next model

schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the only things I would love to see on the next model of this watch. NFC and ambient light sensor. NFC would be cool and an ambient light sensor would make battery life even better.

Comments

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to see both of those and add wireless charging. I've already woken up to a nearly dead watch 3 times the past 2 weeks because I didn't seat it just right on the charger. Even after all this time I sometimes forget late at night to double check to make sure the charging screen comes on haha. Plus its gotta have a rotating hardware button.

• schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    I'd love to see both of those and add wireless charging. I've already woken up to a nearly dead watch 3 times the past 2 weeks because I didn't seat it just right on the charger. Even after all this time I sometimes forget late at night to double check to make sure the charging screen comes on haha. Plus its gotta have a rotating hardware button.

I agree the wireless charging means it will work 100% and will seat itself correctly. The rotating crown is something to me that isn't a necessity but would be cool to see

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@schwartzasher said:
    Here are the only things I would love to see on the next model of this watch. NFC and ambient light sensor. NFC would be cool and an ambient light sensor would make battery life even better.

@jasone said:

@schwartzasher said:

@jasone said:

I agree the wireless charging means it will work 100% and will seat itself correctly. The rotating crown is something to me that isn't a necessity but would be cool to see

I agree with all of that too. It would also be great if they could get the height down a little.
    I would even mind if it was a little wider if in turn it was bit more shallow.

• schwartzasherschwartzasher United StatesPosts: 185 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DoppelgangerD said:

@schwartzasher said:

@jasone said:

@schwartzasher said:

@jasone said:

I agree with all of that too. It would also be great if they could get the height down a little.
    I would even mind if it was a little wider if in turn it was bit more shallow.

I sorta agree. It has a bigger screen than even Samsung but I think they could slim it down a little. I feel that 500mah batteries are getting smaller and also even if they made it a little bigger they can make the casinf a little slimmer allowing the screen to get bigger and the bezel of the casing to be smaller. And an ambient light sensor somewhere in there

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The design is what hurts the Quartz the most because it makes it appear chunkier than it is. The S3 Frontier is definitely smaller but not by a huge margin. I'd still love to see it slimmed down a little and use a better design that tries to minimize its size visibly instead of using hard edges to make it look even chunkier.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    The design is what hurts the Quartz the most because it makes it appear chunkier than it is. The S3 Frontier is definitely smaller but not by a huge margin. I'd still love to see it slimmed down a little and use a better design that tries to minimize its size visibly instead of using hard edges to make it look even chunkier.

Agree 100%.