High power consumption app notifications

DarskyDarsky MNPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep getting these notifications for several apps like Spotify and my podcast player. I tried toggling the apps off in the "Display high power consumption apps in status bar" section of the power settings, but they just turn themselves back on again. Then I used the main toggle in that same section to turn off all high power consumption notifications, but several apps have been toggled back on again, and I continue to get notifications.

Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found a solution? I'm using Nova Launcher Prime if that makes any difference.

Comments

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also don't have this phone but I believe I remember seeing this on another ZTE phone. Even after you toggle them off they will get toggled back on when the app updates or you install a new app. I'm pretty sure that is what is happening, and I don't think there is any way around it except to just toggle them back off again.

• DarskyDarsky MNPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @Darsky I don't have that phone but have you gone into the phone's main settings to see if you can turn it off? The launcher doesn't make any difference. Look in the "power" or battery " section of the main settings to turn that off completely. Not from the status bar.

The toggles I'm changing are in the power section of the main settings. Within the power section there is an entry called "Display high power consumption apps in status bar" where you can toggle apps on or off. I turn them all off, but some of them get turned on again after a while.

@jasone said:
    I also don't have this phone but I believe I remember seeing this on another ZTE phone. Even after you toggle them off they will get toggled back on when the app updates or you install a new app. I'm pretty sure that is what is happening, and I don't think there is any way around it except to just toggle them back off again.

I think this may be the issue. Only some of the apps get toggled back on, and it could be the ones that have been updated recently. I'll have to make a note of it next time it happens.

There's no 3 dot menu on mine, just a main toggle at the top and individual app toggles as you can see here. Maybe it will be updated in the future.

I'm not sure about the main toggle, but some of the individual app toggles turn back on, possibly as apps are updated. I'll continue turning the main toggle off to disable all, and hope for the best.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue on my > @Darsky said:

There's no 3 dot menu on mine, just a main toggle at the top and individual app toggles as you can see here. Maybe it will be updated in the future.

@Darsky are you saying that even when you have the main toggle turned off this still happens?

@hollap said:
    @Darsky are you saying that even when you have the main toggle turned off this still happens?

Yes, I turn off the main toggle, which turns off all app toggles, and after a while some app toggles turn themselves back on again.

• YoshQYoshQ United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I am having this problem with the ZTE Blade A3 Prime. I have disabled the notifications multiple times for Facebook and Messenger and within 30 minutes to an hour, they are enabled again.

• scgt1scgt1 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and it's EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Been ever since the Android 10 update on my Axon 10 Pro. They pushed out another global update the other day that was labeled to have some bugs and system fixes but didn't do a damn thing for this annoying nonsense for both power usage and bluetooth. You can hit the 3 dots and select don't optimize for all apps and it means jack s%@#$ the status bar notification is there constantly for the high power and the bt. It's gone on for so long I'm about to sell this phone and buy a non ZTE. Really freakin tired of being notified. I end the day with 55-60% battery I couldn't care less if anything is sucking juice.

ZTE IF YOUR WATCHING USERS SHOULD BE ABLE TO TURN THIS CRAP SYSTEM FEATURE OFF!!!!!!!!!