ZTE Maven 2: how to format SD card as internal storage?

barbar ItaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

ZTE Maven 2: how to format SD card as internal storage?
Do I have to root the phone with custom ROM?

Comments

• barbar ItaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

I've installed an SD Card. I've run out of phone storage. There's no way to use the SD card for internal storage. Is there a way to save photos on sd card instead of on phone?

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MAPosts: 3,104 mod

If your not seeing an option under the settings > then storage and then Save Location to select the SD card then open the camera app and click the menu icon (the gear) and select the save location to sd card there

• barbar ItaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Thanks !!!

@musicdjm said:
    If your not seeing an option under the settings > then storage and then Save Location to select the SD card then open the camera app and click the menu icon (the gear) and select the save location to sd card there

• kimezdezirezkimezdezirez USPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

So...How in the HELL do you get internal storage on this junk phone? Can't use SDcard for anything but external storage. The ONLY apps on phone came preprogrammed. I can't add my own apps since apparently, the storage is full of crap ZTE is forcing me to have. BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!! I also can NOT update the apps on the phone because there isn't any space. Remember, these are ZTE apps!! So I can't do **** basically. HELP? ANYONE? PLEASE!!
    Thank you!

• andinshawnandinshawn West VirginiaPosts: 2 ✭✭

People don't understand. There are no old apps we don't use just the ones preprogrammed and it won't let you uninstall them. And also no, there is no option to make an SD card your internal storage.

• ConflusteredConflustered USPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭

@andinshawn said:
    People don't understand. There are no old apps we don't use just the ones preprogrammed and it won't let you uninstall them. And also no, there is no option to make an SD card your internal storage.

I'm not sure how much difference there is between the Maven, Maven 2 and Maven 3, but I have my SD card formatted as internal on my Maven 3. It helps some as far as making file transfers easier, but it does NOT help with storage space for functions. Those are still constrained to the 8G default memory.