ZTE Maven 2: how to format SD card as internal storage?

barbar ItaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Do I have to root the phone with custom ROM?

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bar said:
    Do I have to root the phone with custom ROM?

Have you installed an SD card in it? I don't have that phone but If an SD card can be used as internal storage it should ask you which way that you want to use the SD card. I don't recommend using an SD card as internal storage because of the possible problems associated with that.

• barbar ItaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

I've installed an SD Card. I've run out of phone storage. There's no way to use the SD card for internal storage. Is there a way to save photos on sd card instead of on phone?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bar said:
    I've installed an SD Card. I've run out of phone storage. There's no way to use the SD card for internal storage. Is there a way to save photos on sd card instead of on phone?

I don't have that phone. Is there a setting in the storage settings with that choice? If not, generally speaking, if you have an SD card installed pictures automatically go there. It might even ask you where to store them when you take a picture. Obviously the easiest way to find out is to take a picture and go to the file manager app and find out where the picture went.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,780 mod

If your not seeing an option under the settings > then storage and then Save Location to select the SD card then open the camera app and click the menu icon (the gear) and select the save location to sd card there

• barbar ItaliPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

Thanks !!!

@musicdjm said:
    If your not seeing an option under the settings > then storage and then Save Location to select the SD card then open the camera app and click the menu icon (the gear) and select the save location to sd card there