Oreo update anytime soon?

mzs112000mzs112000 Planet EarthPosts: 7 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have an idea about when we might receive an update to Android 8.0 "Oreo"?
This is a great phone, but it could be made better with Oreo, and the new features that Oreo has out of the box.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mzs112000 said:
    Does anyone here have an idea about when we might receive an update to Android 8.0 "Oreo"?
    This is a great phone, but it could be made better with Oreo, and the new features that Oreo has out of the box.

Sorry, no. ZTE doesn't make a habit of announcing updates ahead of time. I believe that they did say that Oreo is coming to the Blade Z Max but you'll more than likely just notice that you have an update in the notification bar before we read anything about it.

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

We havent had our first update for this phone. Why would we get oreo? The ZMAX PRO hasnt gotten nougat. But if I had to guess, it would be when an Axon 8 or something gets oreo.

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Most times manufacturers update their flagship products first which typically takes months and then it goes on down the line.

@deadsk8er said:
    It's true you'll notice the update icon before any carrier announcement of an update coming. Here is a link that might shed some light.
    http://androidoreos.info/android-oreo-8-0-update-for-zte-blade-z-max/

You've posted that link in three different threads. I think that the author is incorrect. MetroPCS is the responsible party to update the Blade Z Max and the author didn't mention them.

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,256 admin

The Blade Z Max has not received an official Oreo update at this time.

If and when it is available, an official announcement will be made in Z-Community.

Some posts in this thread will be deleted to avoid confusion in the community.

• cjbrown_lvcjbrown_lv Las VegasPosts: 9 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I would welcome an Android OS 8.1 Oreo update? The Android OS 7.1.1 Nougat is working just fine (for me).👍

Please keep in mind there is only a small % of Android smartphones with OS 8.1 Oreo (even the new Huawei Honor 7X comes with OS 7.1.1 Nougat). ZTE has been good with necessary updates (the rest is up to the Carrier).

@cjbrown_lv said:
    While I would welcome an Android OS 8.1 Oreo update? The Android OS 7.1.1 Nougat is working just fine (for me).👍

Please keep in mind there is only a small % of Android smartphones with OS 8.1 Oreo (even the new Huawei Honor 7X comes with OS 7.1.1 Nougat). ZTE has been good with necessary updates (the rest is up to the Carrier).

Well said @cjbrown_lv. Very refreshing attitude.