Oreo update anytime soon?

mzs112000mzs112000 Planet EarthPosts: 7 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have an idea about when we might receive an update to Android 8.0 "Oreo"?
This is a great phone, but it could be made better with Oreo, and the new features that Oreo has out of the box.

Comments

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

We havent had our first update for this phone. Why would we get oreo? The ZMAX PRO hasnt gotten nougat. But if I had to guess, it would be when an Axon 8 or something gets oreo.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Most times manufacturers update their flagship products first which typically takes months and then it goes on down the line.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,586 admin

The Blade Z Max has not received an official Oreo update at this time.

If and when it is available, an official announcement will be made in Z-Community.

Some posts in this thread will be deleted to avoid confusion in the community.

• cjbrown_lvcjbrown_lv Las VegasPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I would welcome an Android OS 8.1 Oreo update? The Android OS 7.1.1 Nougat is working just fine (for me).👍

Please keep in mind there is only a small % of Android smartphones with OS 8.1 Oreo (even the new Huawei Honor 7X comes with OS 7.1.1 Nougat). ZTE has been good with necessary updates (the rest is up to the Carrier).

• I simply love zte and there phones. I currently have the zte blade z max and love it.

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oreo has a tiny adoption rate worldwide. If 20% or 30% of Android phones were running Oreo NOT having it would be a big deal but it is running on less than 5% of Android phones. Android 9.0 will be out in November and by then Oreo may still have less than a 10% adoption rate.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mzs112000 said:
    Does anyone here have an idea about when we might receive an update to Android 8.0 "Oreo"?
    This is a great phone, but it could be made better with Oreo, and the new features that Oreo has out of the box.

Since this is a carrier device only the carrier can answer that question. I would try contacting the carrier.