Since Oct 2017 update, my GPS stopped working... HELP!

navimbannavimban NYPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I updated my watch to the new update as prompted. Now it has Android Wear 2.5, Build NWD1.170831.001.
When away from my phone during my outdoor runs, the device GPS does not work. Settings: Location on High Accuracy with WIFI, Data and Bluetooth on. Anyone having the same issue? Is there a fix?

Answers

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It has been working fine for me, are you able to provide additional detail on the issue. it is not tracking your location at all, or is it offering poor accuracy?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi, @navimban , have you try to reset your watch after the update?

From my experience the initial GPS lock can take a little bit of time.Sometimes when i don't get the GPS to lock the location, I power down the watch completely with wifi and bt disabled. Then waited for a minute then restart the watch and waited for about a minute or two at outdoor where there is good signal t oget it to lock. once it has locked the location, then it works fine. Give it a try to see if you can get the location locked.

• navimbannavimban NYPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@samsamha said:
    hi, @navimban , have you try to reset your watch after the update?

From my experience the initial GPS lock can take a little bit of time.Sometimes when i don't get the GPS to lock the location, I power down the watch completely with wifi and bt disabled. Then waited for a minute then restart the watch and waited for about a minute or two at outdoor where there is good signal t oget it to lock. once it has locked the location, then it works fine. Give it a try to see if you can get the location locked.

I have done this, with bluetooth turned off so it wont use my phones gps and there is still no lock. I had Tmobile replace the device and the new device it is still not locking after i updated the system.

• navimbannavimban NYPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@razor512 said:
    It has been working fine for me, are you able to provide additional detail on the issue. it is not tracking your location at all, or is it offering poor accuracy?

No tracking at all. I turned off the bluetooth so it won't use my phones gps and there is still no lock. I had Tmobile replace the device. The new device is still not locking after i updated the system.

when I am on google maps, it won't give me a location, not even an inaccurate one. On google fit it just says acquiring gps without locking.