The Day Blade Z Max Disappointed Me 😥

hectorhz18hectorhz18 Hanover Park , IL Posts: 22 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello all ,

I would like advice from fellow blade users for the following :

I am a Lyft and Uber driver and to my surprise , I have found the device freezes and then reboots or freezes and then after 3-5 min it finally responds.

I do not know what to do at this point .

Please advise Z community !! ??

Comments

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've never experienced that with mine. Have you tried clearing the cache from recovery or performing a factory data reset?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,119 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What @jasone said and also clear the cache in the main storage settings.

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 62 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my Z Max I had all screen locks off. But, the screen would freeze up after a time, and I would have to restart it to get the screen unfrozen.

I tried the cache clearing and the Cache Partition clearing, but the Z Max screen still froze up .

If that is happening to you, then I can tell you my solution, was to get a replacement phone from Metro PCS.

My replacement Z Max has never frozen.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rover said:
    On my Z Max I had all screen locks off. But, the screen would freeze up after a time, and I would have to restart it to get the screen unfrozen.

I tried the cache clearing and the Cache Partition clearing, but the Z Max screen still froze up .

If that is happening to you, then I can tell you my solution, was to get a replacement phone from Metro PCS.

My replacement Z Max has never frozen.

Glad to hear your issue was device specific and that your replacement is a-ok.
    So many times people post their issues, but once they get it resolved they never follow up and tell us what the solution was, so thanks for posting that information.

@hectorhz18 said:
    UPDATE , I have not yet driven for lyft or Uber as of YET.

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I DRIVE

I can tell you this my phone is WAY FASTER !!! I never have cleared the cache. thru storage settings, so that may have been the easier solution.

Thanks for the help you guys.

stay tuned ...

@hectorhz18 that's interesting. Just a few posts back you said that your phone froze during 2 rides and that it was quite embarrassing. Feel like explaining that?

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

You see I came across this problem . Freezing while driving for uber and lyft. Force rebooting.

I then performed factory reset .

Have not driven for uber lyft yet.

Any additional questions ?

Yes. In your second sentence you said while driving for Lyft and Uber. In your fourth sentence you said that you have not driven for Uber Lyft yet.

• James33James33 PakistanPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

You see I came across this problem . Freezing while driving for uber and lyft. Force rebooting.

Yes. In your second sentence you said while driving for Lyft and Uber. In your fourth sentence you said that you have not driven for Uber Lyft yet.

sharp mind :)

• James33James33 PakistanPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you may have installed 3rd party untrusted apps, and your device is victim of viruses, try to install antivirus and fix it. even then problems exist, take backup of your device, and do soft reset.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

He hasn't driven for them since he updated. He is waiting to update us until he gives someone a drive after he updated the phone.

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes I will be happy to ,

He hasn't driven for them since he updated. He is waiting to update us until he gives someone a drive after he updated the phone.

Ah, thanks @hollap.

@hectorhz18 said:
    Yes and I drive for Uber and Lyft so I would have both apps running, and am using Google maps . I found it was stressing the blade and causing problems.

We'll see how it goes this time around guys..

I'll keep you posted. Kk

@hectorhz18 that's because the Blade Z Max only has 2 GB of RAM. It's too much for it to handle.

@hectorhz18 said:
    Fellows e-community today I have the official follow-up to this post.

Here's my conclusion:

Do not download any pirated applications. ( I used Spotify and hacked Nova launcher.!!.( Apologize, earlier stated I had not installed third party/ hacked apps. )

Clear the cache . Prior to starting to drive Lyft and Uber.

The hard reset I think was not the best solution but definitely helped me .

So in conclusion.

I am running stock launcher .
    No hacked pirated apps.

Phone works flawlessly with both Uber and Lyft on at the same time. !!! Phew BLADE is still as amazing as the first day I bought it !!!

I am going to try to introduce hacked Spotify then hacked Nova launcher to test if was my problem .

Ideally I would like for the fix to be clearing the cache .

Nova launcher and Spotify hacked from piratebay make the WHOLE difference. !!

@hectorhz18 what's different about the hacked apps and the ones in the Play Store? I know that you apologized but lying isn't going to get you any help in the future. Plenty of people tried to help you and we were handicapped by not having the pertinent information. Flat out not cool.

• MotoManMotoMan Glendale, AZ, USAPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@hectorhz18 said:
    Hello all ,

I would like advice from fellow blade users for the following :

I am a Lyft and Uber driver and to my surprise , I have found the device freezes and then reboots or freezes and then after 3-5 min it finally responds.

I do not know what to do at this point .

Please advise Z community !! ??

I've had the same issue. Just got the device replaced by Metro PCS and will see if it was a fluke or something wrong with the device.

• turnc86turnc86 Duquesne, PAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2017 6:42PM

It's much deeper than third party apps. Our phone runs on 7.1.1 nougat. We are able to control certain things like permissions that can cut down on issues such as freezing, due to apps running in background consuming ram. Try to tinker with that within application settings. If the app doesn't function properly when you tinker with the permissions, then maybe you should look into alternative apps that permissions suit your likings.

• turnc86turnc86 Duquesne, PAPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

It's a nearly flawless device, and with a major software update (hopefully 8.0 Oreo) it will fix the minor hiccups us Blade Z Max owners experience from time to time. Even a public beta made available for our device, or a bootloader unlock would be awesome. This phone is nicely built for the price and is a beast compared to other phones in the same price range. Only big disappointment for me is the lack of NFC and dual wifi. That 5.1 band has a lot to benefit from and my isp provides it!!!! 🙂

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh wow I thought I was the only one! It is very annoying I know. The cause of this is the phone failing to manage RAM. I know it has 2GB, but the memory statistics show that the Android System itself uses 800MB, along with Google services. In the end, you really only get to use 600MB for yourself

@hectorhz18 said:
    @MarshmallowCakes .. I couldn't agree with you anymore also ZTE you should make a quick fix to this with a patch or something they should beware well aware of this issue. 😎😎😎

@hectorhz18 they can't update hardware with an update. Checking how much RAM a phone has needs to be done before you buy a phone. But 2 GB is pretty normal for a budget phone. You get what you pay for.

This discussion has been closed.