I killed my Quartz!

onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My Quartz was low on battery the other night...I plugged it in to my Amber quick charger. I get a little charge icon and the watch doesn't charge. I think I messed up the battery. I'm going to T-Mobile to pick up another one if still on sale.

Comments

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try turning the watch off completely, and then charge using the standard charger. It should work with any charger that outputs 5V by default.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, please try what razor512 suggests and keep trying different things before you give up on it.
    Something may bring it back to life, hopefully. Good luck.

On the other side though, T-Mobile is now selling it for $96 I think, and you can even get it free or almost free with a monthly credit over 2 years if you stick with Tmo for the duration.

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear that.

In addition to what razor512 suggested, I would say let the watch completely drain and then use the stock charger to see if you can charge it. Something also to check is make sure the charging pad is aligned correctly with the watch as I have had few instances where I saw the charging icon for a split second then it does not charge as it turns out the two are not perfectly aligned.

Hope you can get it to come back.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,987 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear this. I know I would be lost without mine. Good luck in getting it to work!!

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Please let us know if tgbst fixed it!

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that @onemat especially after your story about how it saved you. I'm with the other guys give what @razor512 and @samsamha said a try and let us know if you can get it revived. Wish you good luck.

• onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all...Thanks Razor512, I'll try that when I get home. I'm in Frederick MD, this week, with out the correct charger. I'll try charging it with the correct charger when I get home Sunday.

• onematonemat Nashville, TNPosts: 147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To quote Dr. Frankenstein "It's Alive!!!" Well sort of. As Razor512 suggested, I put the watch on the stock charger, the watch woke up. It has a diffent charge indicator than it used to but eventually the watch fires up. I was down to 4% battery late last night and I held charge. I'll know in a few days if it is behaving normally.
    Matt

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear that @onemat