Bluetooth Screeching (correct area)

ZerotovaZerotova TexasPosts: 10 ✭✭✭
edited November 13, 2017 1:15PM in ZMAX

I posted about the Bluetooth screeching in another area but this was incorrect.

Long story short, when using the Bluetooth option with any device, there's a terrible screeching noise after sometime. This happens with any Bluetooth device. The other thing is that if I have headphones on with the phone in one pocket, and I turn my head in the opposite direction, the phone basically freaks out and gets really distorted as if I'm losing connection. I've tried a few steps including a factory reset but the problem is crazy persistent.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What specify model number / device are you using?
    If it's still under warranty, you may have to send it in for repair.
    Try contacting ZTE support and see what they say.
    Normally we'd suggest some troubleshooting steps, but if you've already done a full factory reset, and it's still not working properly, then it sounds like it needs repaired or replaced.

• ZerotovaZerotova TexasPosts: 10 ✭✭✭

Zmax Pro Z981. THe problem is that this is the second phone within a year to have problems. It started happening after one of the recent updates and I've seen very little information and very few users with the issue (although the phone has common issues shared among users.)

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD USA Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Zerotova said:
    Zmax Pro Z981. THe problem is that this is the second phone within a year to have problems. It started happening after one of the recent updates and I've seen very little information and very few users with the issue (although the phone has common issues shared among users.)

You may also want to check your app usage. It could be an issue with a 3rd party app instead of the device itself.
    When you have an issue that doesn't affect all users, it could be some specific app or configuration of your device.
    Of course it could just be a hardware issue specific to your device as well.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, what type of Bluetooth device are you using also?

• @Zerotova I haven't experienced this with my Zmax Pro, however I have experienced a screeching with Bluetooth on my Spro2 occasionally if I use certain video apps. I would definitely play around, and see if this happens on the default apps, only specific apps, or all apps.

• gottagogottago Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November 13, 2017 9:19PM

I've noticed this 'screech' while streaming music on my ZmaxPro while connected via Bluetooth to my car. The apps I use are Pandora, Microsoft Groove, JazzRadio.com and Spotify. I've listed all because it never occurred to me that it could be a specific app. I've since done a complete factory reset and I'll note and report the app when/if it happens again. Hopefully, the reset solved my issue (fingers crossed).