How to remove the Google Search Bar from the Home Screen of the Blade Z Max

RoverRover DallasPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I remove the Google Search Bar from the Home Screen of the Blade Z Max ?

1. Is there a way to do it with stock phone settings ?

or

1. Does this require downloading an App ?

I have created a link to the Google Search Web Page, and put that Icon on my Home Page screen.

Comments

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2017 3:06PM

This all depends on your launcher. Some will allow it and I've seen some that do not. If you long press it you should be able to move it to the top and see remove or delete. If this does not work then the only way to get rid of it is to use another launcher. My personal favorite is Nova Launcher and it allows you to completely remove it among offering many more useful settings.

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 37 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone said:
    This all depends on your launcher. Some will allow it and I've seen some that do not. If you long press it you should be able to move it to the top and see remove or delete. If this does not work then the only way to get rid of it is to use another launcher. My personal favorite is Nova Launcher and it allows you to completely remove it among offering many more useful settings.

Well Thank You. I did not want to download just any launcher. Knowing that Nova has high marks from you makes a difference. :)

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rover said:

@jasone said:

Well Thank You. I did not want to download just any launcher. Knowing that Nova has high marks from you makes a difference. :)

@Rover Action Launcher is also very popular. Just be prepared whichever one of those launchers you decide on has a tremendous number of settings and customizations. A much simpler launcher is the ZenUI launcher which is no longer available in the Play Store but can be downloaded from APK Mirror also allows for the search bar to be removed from the homescreen. ZenUI launcher has some nice customizations and isn't as overwhelming as either Nova or Action Launcher.

• James33James33 PakistanPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah only Launcher can remove google search bar, but its better to stick with default launcher, and avoid battery consumption. Otherwise you can try with Nova, or Go Launcher to get rid of google bar.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@James33 said:
    Yeah only Launcher can remove google search bar, but its better to stick with default launcher, and avoid battery consumption. Otherwise you can try with Nova, or Go Launcher to get rid of google bar.

@James33 I use Nova and it doesn't consume any extra battery.

• James33James33 PakistanPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@James33 said:

@James33 I use Nova and it doesn't consume any extra battery.

That's good, before i was using Go Launcher, it has too many extra features, but then i realized my battery is draining quite fast.