Yellow Notification Light

14blank4014blank40 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 14, 2017 10:14AM in Axon

Sorry for being so full or questions today but is there a reason that the colour yellow can't properly produced by the notification light? I know it can turn yellow as it has red and green, and I have seen it turn briefly yellow before as my orange notifications fade off. Nonetheless it doesn't seem to want to turn yellow... Is there a reason for that?

Comments

• razor512razor512 New York Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am guessing they just didn't specify any notification type to specifically use yellow, but since it does have the LEDs needed for the color, it would be interesting to have the option.

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MA Posts: 2,792 mod

I never really thought about it but thats a good suggestion. Another color would be great as currently most notifications have the same color but without them getting it to work with lightflow or building a notification color selection app or setting they would have to change the current led color defaults which might upset some people

Ps. Can you please edit the title to add alittle more information, just add in something about notification light please so others know what the topic is about

• 14blank4014blank40 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭

@razor512 said:
    I am guessing they just didn't specify any notification type to specifically use yellow, but since it does have the LEDs needed for the color, it would be interesting to have the option.

I've set WhatsApp to display it's notification as yellow (if you go into WhatsApp's setting you can specify) but it seems to still only display orange.

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,987 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@14blank40 said:

@razor512 said:

I've set WhatsApp to display it's notification as yellow (if you go into WhatsApp's setting you can specify) but it seems to still only display orange.

I'm not positive about this but I don't think you can change the notification color on the A7. I think I tried it in the past and couldn't change it.

@dnewman007 said:

I'm not positive about this but I don't think you can change the notification color on the A7. I think I tried it in the past and couldn't change it.

I tried myself and had the same result. I guess what my question becomes is, are there any reasons that we can't change the light to be yellow? I mean I've been able to change lights for notifications as long as they are either green, red, or orange but why not yellow? I'm just trying to add more functionality to the phone with what it has is all. And I'm also curious.

@14blank40 said:

@dnewman007 said:

I tried myself and had the same result. I guess what my question becomes is, are there any reasons that we can't change the light to be yellow? I mean I've been able to change lights for notifications as long as they are either green, red, or orange but why not yellow? I'm just trying to add more functionality to the phone with what it has is all. And I'm also curious.

not currently a way to change it to a different color, this is actually the first time Ive seen a thread in the community about a different color option since it was discovered on launch the the A7 only had Red and Green LED

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 2,987 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@dnewman007 said:

not currently a way to change it to a different color, this is actually the first time Ive seen a thread in the community about a different color option since it was discovered on launch the the A7 only had Red and Green LED

@musicdjm, I agree

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@dnewman007 said:

I mean you can change the notification colour (if the app itself has the setting) to be red green or orange. And what I'm looking for isn't an option to change it through the settings menu or anything, I was just curious as to why I can change the notification light to be green, orange, or red on WhatsApp, but when I set it as yellow, I just get orange again.

@14blank40 said:

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@dnewman007 said:

I mean you can change the notification colour (if the app itself has the setting) to be red green or orange. And what I'm looking for isn't an option to change it through the settings menu or anything, I was just curious as to why I can change the notification light to be green, orange, or red on WhatsApp, but when I set it as yellow, I just get orange again.

because those are the default available colors that where coded into the rom, ZTE would need to add in the color option of yellow for it to be available

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@dnewman007 said:

because those are the default available colors that where coded into the rom, ZTE would need to add in the color option of yellow for it to be available

Ah I see. Thanks so much! I'm not sure how hard that would be for them, but I feel like it would be a nice functionality to have overall.

• benkoresbenkores Staten Island, NYPosts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@musicdjm said:

@14blank40 said:

@dnewman007 said:

It has nothing to do with code. It's a hardware limitation. The only colors the LED can physically emit are red, green, and orange. Even on other ROMs such as Lineage other colors don't work.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,099 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The ability to change the colors was one of the things that I liked about my very first smartphone the Blackberry Curve. It had an LED light about the size of a selfie camera and there was an app that allowed a different color for lots of different notifications. The LEDs on phones today are so small you almost have to pick the phone up to see it blinking.

• kevinmcmurtriekevinmcmurtrie Silicon Valley areaPosts: 272 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be possible if each LED has its own PWM dimmer. If they're sharing one, then it's just red, orange, green.

The bigger problem is that Axon development seems to be long dead. There's nobody to add the color if it was possible.

@kevinmcmurtrie said:
    It would be possible if each LED has its own PWM dimmer. If they're sharing one, then it's just red, orange, green.

The bigger problem is that Axon development seems to be long dead. There's nobody to add the color if it was possible.

Well, one can hope. Plus they did ask on the survey after updating the Axon 7 as to what we wanted to see implemented in the next update. I hold on to that haha