Watch Face Wednesday 11/15/2017

jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back for another Watch Face Wednesday, I decided to try something a little different this time and went with a text only watch face. The Textual Watch Face Lite face is completely free and offers a few different color presets and you can pay for the full version for more options. This is a pre Android Wear 2.0 face so remember once you install it on your phone you'll have to check the Play Store on the watch, scroll to the bottom, and install it on the watch as well.

Comments

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jasone that is really nice!
    Good choice.
    I like that you can change the colors. :)

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is a nice watch face to teach little kid to read

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United States Posts: 4,602 mod

I really like this one, but I feel like it should speak the time..lol Thanks for the reminder about installing on watch directly as well. When I first got the Quartz, being a newbie to Android Wear, I downloaded a few to my phone and just assumed they didn't work. It was a week or two of playing with the watch before I realized what I was doing wrong.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ironbaybeedoll said:
    I really like this one, but I feel like it should speak the time..lol Thanks for the reminder about installing on watch directly as well. When I first got the Quartz, being a newbie to Android Wear, I downloaded a few to my phone and just assumed they didn't work. It was a week or two of playing with the watch before I realized what I was doing wrong.

In Android Wear 1 when you installed an app or watch face on your phone it automatically synced to your watch. Google changed everything with AW 2 where the Play Store is now on your watch directly and you can download apps directly to the watch trying to make it more independent from the phone. For watch faces and apps that were created for AW 1 and never updated for AW 2, you have to take the extra step of syncing it to the watch from your phone manually.

It's kinda annoying and I wish they still allowed for auto syncing of the apps or faces. Two benefits were you could now install apps through the web interface directly to your watch though, and you don't need an extra app or icon on your phone anymore just to have an app on your watch.