What a great phone

donnieboydonnieboy Laplace Posts: 1 ✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE blade z max a good phone and I had a lot of phones better then the $800 phone I paid cash blade z get the job done

Comments

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree @donnieboy we get alot for the money.

• alanhoustonalanhouston Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was impressed our phones received the November Google security update. Many phones selling for $500 to $800 are still waiting for security updates. My Samsung phone is still on the July security patch.

ZTE is supporting our phones at a Flagship phone level.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

So far so good with the Blade Z Max! Great device for the price and software support has been top notch so far!

• carolinacrown2014carolinacrown2014 United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh no security update for me yet. Still August update

@carolinacrown2014 said:

I think the updates are sent by MetroPcs, not by ZTE. If you have an active MetroPcs account, charge your Blade, connect to wifi, go to "Settings" and click on updates. Be sure you have at least 1gb of open storage on your phone to download and install updates.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Blade Z Max is a really good device I like to change the default screen size down to 500 to make the font really small.....that way I can get even more on the screen.

• carolinacrown2014carolinacrown2014 United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alanhouston said:

@carolinacrown2014 said:

I think the updates are sent by MetroPcs, not by ZTE. If you have an active MetroPcs account, charge your Blade, connect to wifi, go to "Settings" and click on updates. Be sure you have at least 1gb of open storage on your phone to download and install update

Yeah tried that no update available. But its no big deal this phone is amazing and have had zero issues. I stopped getting my iphones and Galaxy s series devices because of this phone... There's only a few little things I would change / add that would cost much and this phone would be thatuch better

• RoverRover DallasPosts: 87 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alanhouston said:
    I was impressed our phones received the November Google security update. Many phones selling for $500 to $800 are still waiting for security updates. My Samsung phone is still on the July security patch.

ZTE is supporting our phones at a Flagship phone level.

What ZTE phones do you have?? Or, to be specific, do you have a Blade Z Max?? Becuase that's the sub-forum we're in now...

Did you know you can post the phones you have in your profile under "My Gadgets"??

Rover, the Blade Zmax on MetroPcs is my primary phone. I use the older Zmax Pro as a backup phone. Over the past five years I've had about ten different phones. The MetroPcs 90 day upgrade program makes it affordable to try a variety of phones.

Overall, the Blade Zmax is my favorite phone. I am still struggling with its bulk and weight (some of which is the fault of the sturdy but heavy OtterBox case). I carry it in my back pocket as it is too large to comfortably carry elsewhere.

The rest of my family are prisoners of the Apple empire. Except for their outstanding cameras, the Apple iPhone 7 and 8 are not superior to the Blade Zmax. MetroPcs customers can buy the Blade Zmax for $99 or pay $700 for an Apple. Or buy seven Blades.

My hope is that next year a new Blade keeps the large screen and massive battery of our phone and eliminates the front bezels so that it will fit in my front pockets.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,618 mod

The Blade Z really is a great phone, and most were shocked considering the price. Although I will say that quite a few of the budget phones ZTE has right now are pretty nice phones. It baffles me that people still pay $600+ for phones, many just for the brand, and then they cover it in a case anyhow...

Yes, the domination of Apple and Samsung is baffling. But, tv ads all are centered on those two brands. When someone walks into a Verizon store, an AT&T store or a Sprint store the staff immediately steer them toward the most expensive Apple and Samsung models.

The exception is MetroPcs. If you walk in and ask "what is a good phone to replace my old one?" the response often is "We have the new Apple phone and the new Samsung phone but our best deal is the $99 ZTE Blade Zmax".

In the Metro stores in my area the staff say the Blade is their best selling phone over $50. (Metro has a lot of phones selling at $29, $39, and $49 and those are the phones many parents prefer for their 12 year old son to lose or break).

@alanhouston said:
    Rover, the Blade Zmax on MetroPcs is my primary phone. I use the older Zmax Pro as a backup phone. Over the past five years I've had about ten different phones. The MetroPcs 90 day upgrade program makes it affordable to try a variety of phones.

Overall, the Blade Zmax is my favorite phone. I am still struggling with its bulk and weight (some of which is the fault of the sturdy but heavy OtterBox case). I carry it in my back pocket as it is too large to comfortably carry elsewhere.

The rest of my family are prisoners of the Apple empire. Except for their outstanding cameras, the Apple iPhone 7 and 8 are not superior to the Blade Zmax. MetroPcs customers can buy the Blade Zmax for $99 or pay $700 for an Apple. Or buy seven Blades.

My hope is that next year a new Blade keeps the large screen and massive battery of our phone and eliminates the front bezels so that it will fit in my front pockets.

Ok, thanks alanhouston. So you've already received the security update on your Blade Z Max (the one beyond the August 1, 2017 security patch)?

I've been with Metro PCS for awhile now.

I use a case for my Z Max that slips into a Swivel Belt Clip Holster (Total weight 4.5oz). But I've always used a clip holder case for any cell phones I've had. I just never kept them in my pockets.

I am very pleased with the quality of the still pictures the Z Max camera takes. I haven't taken any videos yet.

I don't upgrade phones often. My last phone, a Huawei Vitria, was purchased in 2013 only to get ahead of the previous phone, an LG MS-770 4G, that was not going to be compatible with Metro PCS's upcoming system change.

Before that LG phone, I was with AT&T and had a 2G Moto Razr V3.

The main reason I upgraded to the Z Max, was that the Huawei Vitria was on the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean platform, and some apps were no longer working with Jelly Bean.

My MetroPcs Blade Zmax is on the B18 software with the November security update. If you do not have the November update, charge your phone to 100%, connect to a reliable wifi source, click on settings, then on updates, then click on check for updates.

If that does not work, bring your phone into a MetroPcs store and get their help.

@alanhouston said:
    My MetroPcs Blade Zmax is on the B18 software with the November security update. If you do not have the November update, charge your phone to 100%, connect to a reliable wifi source, click on settings, then on updates, then click on check for updates.

If that does not work, bring your phone into a MetroPcs store and get their help.

What area do I view to see if my Z Max is on the B18 s/w?

I've checked for updates manually, and my phone checks on it's own. But as of Nov. 30th, my phone displays "Your system is up to date." 7.1.1 Aug. 1, 2018

edited December 5, 2017 12:43AM

I had chance to listen to the Z Max with a good pair of Bose Over-The-Ear headphones, and, it was good. :)