ZTE MAX XL battery overheating stop's charging

Every time I charge my phone it stop's charging because of battery overheating only way to charge it is to turn it off while charging is there anyway to fix this or is it just my phone

Answers

• Razarb66Razarb66 USA Posts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2017 9:32AM

@jimlloyd40 said:

@williamb66 said:
    Every time I charge my phone it stop's charging because of battery overheating only way to charge it is to turn it off while charging is there anyway to fix this or is it just my phone

Try a different charger and if you don't have one borrow a known good charger to test. When you say it's overheating how are you verifying that? Does it get hotter than it used to?

I had the same this is a new replacement my old one did get really warm when charging but the new one gets really hot and a notification pops up saying the battery is to hot and stops charging the screen doe's feel hotter than my old phone I guess i'm asking do I need to get another replacement or do I have a setting wrong can I fix this phone easily tried different chargers to thanks for your help

• Razarb66Razarb66 USA Posts: 2 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@williamb66 said:

Try a different charger and if you don't have one borrow a known good charger to test. When you say it's overheating how are you verifying that? Does it get hotter than it used to?

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Razarb66 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@williamb66 said:

I had the same this is a new replacement my old one did get really warm when charging but the new one gets really hot and a notification pops up saying the battery is to hot and stops charging the screen doe's feel hotter than my old phone I guess i'm asking do I need to get another replacement or do I have a setting wrong can I fix this phone easily tried different chargers to thanks for your help

If you're using the charger that came with the phone @Razarb66 I would do a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem and if it doesn't I definitely would return it. A factory reset will be required anyway.

Thanks for your help I was thinking I probably need to send it back

• speedi3speedi3 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Having same overheating notice, tried different charger, did not change. This does not happen every time either. Did not do a factory reset yet trying to not have to. Battery came with phone from Cricket. Any other suggestions?

• jackief46jackief46 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

O do delivery and Uber as well the phone will not charge at all. It's tells me to find the original charger and outlet to get a full charge. I see it effects my GPS and it freezes
    Disappointing!!!
    Any body want to buy this phone let me know

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jackief46 said:
    O do delivery and Uber as well the phone will not charge at all. It's tells me to find the original charger and outlet to get a full charge. I see it effects my GPS and it freezes
    Disappointing!!!
    Any body want to buy this phone let me know

Many devices that run GPS all day need the correct current charger in order to charge efficiently enough to keep up with the power you are using. If you have the phone in any sort of direct sunlight (such as a dashboard) that will also affect how hot the device runs. If you can find a car charger that supports Quickcharge 2.0 you might have better luck.