Android Authority review: Absolutely Mediocre at best

freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Look, a review that is actually keeping it real and not sipping whatever kool-aid has the zealots here believing this phone is actually good.

Come on ZTE, the Axon 8 needs to happen like yesterday.

Comments

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fingerprint recessed? Smudges on the display? He's digging for things to complain about. Battery life he has a legit complaint, as well as the camera. He does pretty well showing off the purpose of the phone, the multi displays. The software has time to be improved, and the app developers need to adjust their apps to work with a two screen device. On top of that, it will change again when they upgrade this device to Oreo. And as he points out, I don't think they were aiming this at the typical "android user". All in all, he's pretty on about the his review, I can't knock that. But this is one I don't think I see it being as bad as he states.

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

The phone has some quirks that could be fixed with software updates I would think. I actually like the power button recessed. I hate when you are watching a video and looking for the volume button and hit the power button on my other phone so I prefer it recessed or on the top of the phone. I put on the battery saver and disabled back ground data on most apps. I get about 4-6 hours of SOT. This is with both screens open multitasking about 2-3 hours of that time watching videos on LTE or mostly wireless. I turn the brightness all the way up in battery saver mode. If the room is too dark, I turn off the auto brightness or battery saver. The only "flagship" phones I have owned are the iPhone 3gs and LG G5. :) I would say the phone feels more mid range in experience but it is definitely a step in the right direction. After having two screens this portable I really don't want to go back to one now.

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

this review is just stupid