pushing out updates

Comments

• coolbud86coolbud86 FLPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey ZTE its January 2018 and we are still on august 2017 security patch whats going on ?

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 3,483 admin

Carrier phones follow carrier guidelines.

The software is currently in testing via our software enhancement program. Once Metro PCS is ready to push the update we will update the community.

• z28camaromanz28camaroman United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be too upset. The unlocked American Axon 7 is also stuck on the August security patch.

• frankendroidfrankendroid OhioPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not zte that's to blame here, it's MetroPCS

• BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNEBlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE Los AngelesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@coolbud86 said:
    @BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE if you are not comfortable with the phone then i would just get another phone and shut the one your are being hacked on off but if you have the evidience of the hacking happening then you might want to call ZTE about it

Why would he call ZTE? If he's getting hacked it's because of using non password protected public wifi or installing third party apps. Let's face it. He most likely hasn't been hacked and just posted in the thread for the sensationalism of it. If he was getting hacked daily he would have to factory reset the phone and change all of his passwords daily.

Has anyone ever witnessed a hacked phone? I haven't.

It's also worth noting that he hasn't once been back to this thread.

I have my phone heating up all the time.
    I think it's the Qualcomm processor chip.
    I have people talking in the background of my conversations. I haven't reseted my phone because I'm a data Horder. I like having my stuff private.
    I have gotten hacked before this where I had my Google account hacked multiple times after changing my password to a 13 digit password .
    Alphanumeric . I think that time a key logger .
    This time I either think my phone is cloned through imei. Mmi. My mmi doesn't go through.
    I have been tracked to weird locations where no one knows of me being. It's getting old.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE said:
    Yo what's up with the ZTE updates and security.. I expected more from this phone. Second ZTE phone maybe 3rd in the house. Wtf. Need better security.. I'm getting hacked on the daily.

@BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE would you mind explaining how you're getting hacked daily? And what proof you have.

I agree with @jimlloyd40. I seriously doubt you are getting hacked on the daily. If so, provide proof and I'll happily recant my statement. Otherwise with a name like @BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE I assume you are just trolling.

If he's really getting hacked daily then he needs to check his browsing habits. Evidently he's browsing some shady websites.

I doubt that he has ever been hacked.

Th> @westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Yo what's up with the ZTE updates and security.. I expected more from this phone. Second ZTE phone maybe 3rd in the house. Wtf. Need better security.. I'm getting hacked on the daily.

@BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE would you mind explaining how you're getting hacked daily? And what proof you have.

Dang. That's even worse than me. Even I don't get hacked daily.

I have a stalker. It sounds annoying and crazy but apparently very resourceful. I'm tired . He won't move on.my mms get overlayed. There is background noise . I'm being followed around. It sounds like I'm on drugs but I'm really not .

@jimlloyd40 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

I agree with @jimlloyd40. I seriously doubt you are getting hacked on the daily. If so, provide proof and I'll happily recant my statement. Otherwise with a name like @BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE I assume you are just trolling.

If he's really getting hacked daily then he needs to check his browsing habits. Evidently he's browsing some shady websites.

Th> @westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

I have a stalker. It sounds annoying and crazy but apparently very resourceful. I'm tired . He won't move on.my mms get overlayed. There is background noise . I'm being followed around. It sounds like I'm on drugs but I'm really not .

Just factory reset your phone already. What do you expect any of us to do @BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE? I'm sorry but it's extremely difficult to believe all of the problems that you say that you're having.

Then what?
    It's hard to believe it??.
    Just today the phone had 3 lines while password was being swiped how do you have 3 lines

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@hollap said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

Th> @westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

It's your fault. Factory reset your phone or quit complaining and deal with the hackers and stalkers. Sounds like you need more help than the Z-Community can give you.

I guess. I don't see how it's my fault. Thanks though your most likely right.

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes Posts: 29 ✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@MarshmallowCakes said:
    If at all possible maybe you shouldn't update the phone. Not supposed to say this on forums, but not updating the phone can make it easier to root. But for most of us, even me, we need the more secure kind of phone. I'm thinking we will get an update in January for the December security patch

I just read an article that said the Oreo update for the Axon 7 will arrive in April with Stock UI+. That's quite a while but at least it's coming. I have no clue what "Stock UI+" is. I'd rather have had "Stock UI" and leave the + off.

It may be a 100% stock android then. No ZTE branding. Or they mean a 100% zte experience like they did with the zmax pro's quick panel. Well have to see

They wont bring priority to a mid ranged device. If the Axon 7 doesnt have a security patch, we wont get one anytime soon

@jimlloyd40 said:

@MarshmallowCakes said:

@westside80 said:

@MarshmallowCakes said:
    If at all possible maybe you shouldn't update the phone. Not supposed to say this on forums, but not updating the phone can make it easier to root. But for most of us, even me, we need the more secure kind of phone. I'm thinking we will get an update in January for the December security patch

I just read an article that said the Oreo update for the Axon 7 will arrive in April with Stock UI+. That's quite a while but at least it's coming. I have no clue what "Stock UI+" is. I'd rather have had "Stock UI" and leave the + off.

It may be a 100% stock android then. No ZTE branding. Or they mean a 100% zte experience like they did with the zmax pro's quick panel. Well have to see

I think that they mean stock Android with just customizations by ZTE. Like double tap screen on etc.

Yea. If so, they better add an option to disable it. My LG k10 had severe battey issues until I used activity launcher to disable it.

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @BlockKRACKnBLUEBORNE why won't you reset your phone?

To be honest I'm scared that it might make it worse.

• deadsk8erdeadsk8er Milwaukee, WIPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ZTE ZMax Pro got updates all the time the blade hasn't gotten one yet

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kalboandlala said:
    I heard that the blade z max will get an update to the 8.1 ... Is that true? And when will i get it?

@kalboandlala nothing has been announced. Where did you hear that it would get Oreo?

The Blade will Get Oreo
    http://androidoreos.info/android-oreo-8-0-update-for-zte-blade-z-max/

@jimlloyd40 said:

@deadsk8er said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kalboandlala said:
    I heard that the blade z max will get an update to the 8.1 ... Is that true? And when will i get it?

@kalboandlala nothing has been announced. Where did you hear that it would get Oreo?

The Blade will Get Oreo

That story is just someone's opinion. MetroPCS would be the responsible party to update the Blade Z Max.

As it would be but it is already ready for distribution to the carriers. Here is another https://a9droid.com/zte-blade-z-max-android-oreo-8-0-update/ How to install it
    I'm running oreo on a ZTE Blade Zmax from MetroPCS btw

@jimlloyd40 said:

@deadsk8er said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@deadsk8er said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@kalboandlala said:

The Blade will Get Oreo

That story is just someone's opinion. MetroPCS would be the responsible party to update the Blade Z Max.

As it would be but it is already ready for distribution to the carriers. Here is another https://a9droid.com/zte-blade-z-max-android-oreo-8-0-update/ How to install it
    I'm running oreo on a ZTE Blade Zmax from MetroPCS btw

@deadsk8er how about posting a screenshot?

How about a video

• cjbrown_lvcjbrown_lv Las VegasPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still have
    Android OS 7.1.1 Nougat
    Security Patch August 2017

I'm in no rush for any updates, until Beta Tests prove things will work just fine.👍

Meanwhile, I do use Security Master (paid version, because I don't care for the adverts) to protect and block against hackers, robo calls, unwanted phone calls / text messages, etc - anyone else have a preferred Protection App ?

http://www.cmcm.com/en-us/cm-security/