Blade Zmax lag fix?

I'm a big mobile gamer and the games are lagging badly. Is there anything I can do?

Answers

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Blade Z Max, while being a fantastic device for the price paid (sometimes even free from Metro PCS),
    it isn't a flagship device, and the specifications don't support things like gaming very well.
    Unfortunately, the best advice to better your mobile gaming experience, is to acquire a higher end device with a more powerful processor and more RAM to support the demands that mobile gaming puts on mobile devices.

ZTE has some great prices on their Blade V8 Pro model this week from various stores and vendors, as well as their own website too. For around $140-$150, it would handle your gaming needs much better.
    There are of course other models from other OEMs out there too, but the more demands you put on your mobile device, the more likely you will require a higher end device with more robust specifications.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,111 mod

There is a few things I would suggest first. Power of the device and then press and hold the power button and volume up until the device boots into recovery mode. From here use the volume down to select wipe cache partition and press the power button to select it and then select yes to confirm. After this reboot the device. Once rebooted go into the settings then memory and then Memory used by apps & check and see which apps are using what amount of ram. Select the menu dots in the right corner and select max use and see which are using the most ram often. Then launch the game and play if its lagging go into the settings and memory and see which app is hogging the ram and either uninstall the app using it up or click the app in the app usage and force stop the app.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@musicdjm said:
    There is a few things I would suggest first. Power of the device and then press and hold the power button and volume up until the device boots into recovery mode. From here use the volume down to select wipe cache partition and press the power button to select it and then select yes to confirm. After this reboot the device. Once rebooted go into the settings then memory and then Memory used by apps & check and see which apps are using what amount of ram. Select the menu dots in the right corner and select max use and see which are using the most ram often. Then launch the game and play if its lagging go into the settings and memory and see which app is hogging the ram and either uninstall the app using it up or click the app in the app usage and force stop the app.

That's a good idea @musicdjm but the Blade Z Max only has 2 GB of RAM which is actually about 1.8 GB of RAM and the system uses around 1.5 GB of RAM so there's only about 300 MB to utilize. It's just not a good gaming phone.

@jimlloyd40 I use my Blade playing games all the time, and the Average usage of the ram for the system is just under 1GB . It handle RipTide , GTA, Death Worm , Guitar Band, i8 Drift , Hungry Shark , Fruit Ninja , Hill Climb, Mario Run, and alot of other games that ive played on it. Is your Blade Z Max having issues Jim with ram usage? I dont ever see my ram usage that high

@jimlloyd40 said:

@musicdjm said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@musicdjm said:

That's a good idea @musicdjm but the Blade Z Max only has 2 GB of RAM which is actually about 1.8 GB of RAM and the system uses around 1.5 GB of RAM so there's only about 300 MB to utilize. It's just not a good gaming phone.

@jimlloyd40 I use my Blade playing games all the time, and the Average usage of the ram for the system is just under 1GB . It handle RipTide , GTA, Death Worm , Guitar Band, i8 Drift , Hungry Shark , Fruit Ninja , Hill Climb, Mario Run, and alot of other games that ive played on it. Is your Blade Z Max having issues Jim with ram usage? I dont ever see my ram usage that high

When I had the phone it always showed about 1.5 GB of RAM being used immediately after closing all apps. Could an update have reduced the amount of RAM that the system uses since I've had the phone?

I would imagine its very likely cause the Blade Z doesnt have high-end specs they spent alot of time optimizing the system to use it as efficiently as possible. It by no mean a gamers dream phone but for most major games out there its gonna handle ok.