Intermittent static sound on blutooth

Has anyone experienced an intermittent static buzz while in Bluetooth speakers when listening for longer than an hour? This began after the last security update in October 2017.

Answers

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you noticed any static with using other Bluetooth devices? Are you far away from the device when this happens or connected to any other Bluetooth devices while streaming the music? I'd probably try unpairing the speaker and then pairing it again to see if that makes a difference.

• leonjig20leonjig20 Sioux City, IAPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭

I hear the static sound. It gave me a jumpscare the other day when I was listening to music full volume. I tried it with different Bluetooth speakers, headphones, and earbuds but the problem was still there. It went away after a couple days but I bet it's going to jumpscare me any day now.

• Initially the buzz only occurred occasionally on one set of bluetooth ear buds, then it would do it on Bluetooth speakers and other Bluetooth headphones. It does give you quite a startle when the sound hits your ears while wearing ear buds.

• dAwsome75dAwsome75 Bowdon, GAPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017 3:14PM

Although it may be the phone, it more than likely is just everyday connection static, like what @jasone said. But yet again it could be that your bluetooth transmitter is getting old/worn out. I'll look into it. (It Might be the phone.)

• hijimmyc63hijimmyc63 Hampton, VAPosts: 1 ✭✭

Yes this has also been happening to me the last few months. It will make a loud static screech, then it's fine for about 2 minutes then screech again. It may do it a few times or a dozen times then it's ok. Scares the crap out of me on Bluetooth but when I disconnect BT it still does it in the phone speaker. BTW I have a Grand X Max 2.

• Has anyone found out what is the cause of the noise?

Thanks

• It would be helpful to hear an answer from ZTE. Or do they just delegate their product support to forum members?

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2 Blade V8 Pros in the family, and niether has come across the issue...yet.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,550 mod

@santana2k Are you still experiencing this issue?
    @EricTerrell While you may not see answers directly from ZTE, The Moderators and Ambassadors work very hard to assist members in troubleshooting their devices. you can see the icons next to their user names. You are also always welcome to call CS if you feel that is a better solution for you. :)

• The last time the noise occured was about two weeks ago.
    I have contacted ZTE support about the noise, the response is to reset the phone back to factory. I have not done that yet.

• azjkazjk United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭
    I face the same issue, and it happens more often than what others seem to face. I hear the screeching sound on bluetooth connected phone calls, and the person on the other end also hears garbled voice. Has anyone seen a satisfactory resolution to this issue?