The Axon M for $525.

jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• wings4anniewings4annie Orange,caPosts: 1,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Now that's a great deal!

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 56 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping they would not do that. At first I considered getting two of them on preorder with the next plan. That would have been a good deal for the wife and I. I ended up paying full price for myself. The mic did go out on my phone. It would only work on speaker phone. I trouble shot with AT&T. A new phone is on the way. I'm out of a phone for about 5 days. Good thing I have a work cell though. I have been using an old phone on WiFi. I miss having the two screens. I was actually able to do website work and a few other things on it. I'll be glad when the new phone gets here.

@westside80 said:
    So how are you liking the Axon M? Did you pay the full price or the sale price? $525 or $724? That would hurt a little if you paid the full price and then it went on sale. Well, it happens to all phones if you think about it. They all go down in price rather quickly. The fact that the price has already dropped so much scares me when it comes to future support. If it's not a good seller then they probably won't worry as much about updating it. I could be wrong though. I have been once or twice before. :p

I paid the full $724 online. I'm still not sure how many people know about it. I have shown a number of people and they never heard of it. I will say though at $525 it is a definite win in a mid range category.

@westside80 said:

@MSTK said:

@westside80 said:
    So how are you liking the Axon M? Did you pay the full price or the sale price? $525 or $724? That would hurt a little if you paid the full price and then it went on sale. Well, it happens to all phones if you think about it. They all go down in price rather quickly. The fact that the price has already dropped so much scares me when it comes to future support. If it's not a good seller then they probably won't worry as much about updating it. I could be wrong though. I have been once or twice before. :p

I paid the full $724 online. I'm still not sure how many people know about it. I have shown a number of people and they never heard of it. I will say though at $525 it is a definite win in a mid range category.

Ouch. I agree. $525 is a great price for it. I just hope ZTE supports it like they should.

I received a call from someone from ZTE about my phone registration. I was told issues will be handled through AT&T so they will handle updates as far as I understood it.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@MSTK said:

@westside80 said:

Ouch. I agree. $525 is a great price for it. I just hope ZTE supports it like they should.

Won't that be up to AT&T? Whoever is responsible for maintaining it should since ZTE was able to get a carrier sold phone. That's a lot bigger deal than all the budget phones that ZTE sells through the MVNO 's. Even though those budget phones seem to be ZTE' s bread and butter.

I don't know. I always buy unlocked so I don't really know how that works. My guess would be that AT&T will push out updates. Hopefully.

When it comes to carrier branded devices, it is up to the carrier to initiate updates for software, including security updates. Almost all service inquiries go through the carrier, in this case it's AT&T.
    The device manufacturer (ZTE) is contracted to engineer the device for both hardware and software.
    In some cases the device manufacturer may develop a device and then offer it to a carrier, but all of those details are kept private by the parties involved. Of course there may be contracts ahead of time involving how long ZTE may offer updates, bug fixes, security, etc... but again those details are private.
    AT&T bears the brunt of customer support though, and ultimately is also responsible for initiating updates and support.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@westside80 said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@westside80 said:

@MSTK said:

@westside80 said:

Won't that be up to AT&T? Whoever is responsible for maintaining it should since ZTE was able to get a carrier sold phone. That's a lot bigger deal than all the budget phones that ZTE sells through the MVNO 's. Even though those budget phones seem to be ZTE' s bread and butter.

I don't know. I always buy unlocked so I don't really know how that works. My guess would be that AT&T will push out updates. Hopefully.

When it comes to carrier branded devices, it is up to the carrier to initiate updates for software, including security updates. Almost all service inquiries go through the carrier, in this case it's AT&T.
    The device manufacturer (ZTE) is contracted to engineer the device for both hardware and software.
    In some cases the device manufacturer may develop a device and then offer it to a carrier, but all of those details are kept private by the parties involved. Of course there may be contracts ahead of time involving how long ZTE may offer updates, bug fixes, security, etc... but again those details are private.
    AT&T bears the brunt of customer support though, and ultimately is also responsible for initiating updates and support.

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I buy unlocked so I wasn't for sure how that worked.

It may vary somewhat depending on the OEM, but for ZTE that's pretty much how it usually works.
    So when you see ZTE devices that are carrier devices from AT&T, Metro PCS, Cricket, Boost, etc...
    ...all those devices are owned by the carrier and again the carriers handle the primary support,
    and software/security updates are contracted by the carrier too.
    While ZTE may be the developer of the hardware and software, they go by what the carrier contracts them to do
    (when it comes to carrier branded devices)

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is awesome deal for anyone who is on ATT.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's for sure a better offer than ATT is offering, which is simply a $100 gift card when you buy one.

• coldheat06coldheat06 Fort Worth, TexasPosts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wow this is a really Great Deal!!

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That says sales aren't that good and now they're trying hard to offer incentives to buy the device. The "i told you so" is coming very soon.

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@freeza said:
    That says sales aren't that good and now they're trying hard to offer incentives to buy the device. The "i told you so" is coming very soon.

It's difficult to say without any sales numbers to go on. I would say that you're probably right @freeza but then there were sales on the S8 and S8 + shortly after it came out. Which is not to make any comparison to S8 sales because that would be ludicrous.

Maybe so, but nobody expects Samsung to fail. The S8 and S8+ were available everywhere. Samsung's reasonings for offering discounts were different.

• swehesswehes Delta, UT, USAPosts: 91 ✭✭✭✭✭

A little disappointed that it is AT&T exclusive.