Issues as a Result of Nougat Update - Trek 2 HD (K88)

gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those that have updated. Is anybody able to use the wifi hotspot feature after upgrade? It seems that this update has broken the ability to wifi hotspot.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You may have to check with your carrier to make sure your plan includes the hotspot feature.
    Some people have been able to use it in the past without it being included in their plan, but carriers are reprovisioning some accounts to fix the issue. If you are entitled to it, your carrier may be able to fix it then by reprovisioning your SIM.

• gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

My plan has always had three hotspot feature and that's why this is so puzzling. So, I spoke with them yesterday and through mutual troubleshooting, we came to the conclusion that it was the update. The telling sign was the fact that the feature worked prior to upgrade AND still works in other devices. The challenge is that this tablet does not show any hotspot settings natively. I have to use a third party app to set the ID and password and that has not changed. But for some reason, the tablet just will not connect to the internet via WiFi hotspot.

• gottagogottago Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

As an update: My hotspot is now working. After trying several third party apps I stumbled onto the included AT&T All Access app that turns hotspot on and off. Since I am using T-Mobile, I had disabled or ignored all the AT&T branded apps that came on the tablet. It's almost like getting a new device, now that everything works!!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gottago said:
    As an update: My hotspot is now working. After trying several third party apps I stumbled onto the included AT&T All Access app that turns hotspot on and off. Since I am using T-Mobile, I had disabled or ignored all the AT&T branded apps that came on the tablet. It's almost like getting a new device, now that everything works!!

Glad to see you got it figured out. If you had revealed that you were using T-Mobile with it, I would have suggested to just try the T-Mobile app for that. I believe they have one IIRC. If the AT&T one works though, I'd just keep using that.

• I had the same problem: my laptop could connect with my Phone but could not get internet access. I solved it by copying all the settings in 'Access Point Names' from a colleague who has the same provider as I have. I had to change about 5-6 settings, now it works smoothly again.