Issues with randomly missing text messages

Both my wife and I have ZTE Blade X Max's on Cricket wireless. We randomly miss text messages that were sent. Talked to customer service who said to change the SMC service center number in the messaging apps settings. Unfortunately for me, the messaging app settings has no such setting. Anyone else run into this? How do you get to this SMC service center setting? Tried searching it online and couldn't find anything, searched under normal settings and don't see it also.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2017 9:36AM

@smithabusa said:
    Both my wife and I have ZTE Blade X Max's on Cricket wireless. We randomly miss text messages that were sent. Talked to customer service who said to change the SMC service center number in the messaging apps settings. Unfortunately for me, the messaging app settings has no such setting. Anyone else run into this? How do you get to this SMC service center setting? Tried searching it online and couldn't find anything, searched under normal settings and don't see it also.

@smithabusa I haven't heard of that either. Why don't you call them back and ask? Maybe they're talking about the "access point name" but that is in the main settings.