My Axon 7 is "stuck" with Screen Top "To start Android.enter your PIN "/Bottom "EMERGENCY CALL "

My Axon 7 is "stuck" with Screen Top "To start Android ,enter your PIN "/Bottom "EMERGENCY CALL" setup. This all came about when I went to BEST BUY support ,to input settings to connect with AT & T through my Reseller RedPocket. Somehow the Best Buy rep in setting up the 8 lines of settings got into my Android operating system , and got stuck at a window stating "To start Android ,enter your PIN ".

I never used a "Password locking device" for the phone so I don't recall any PIN number I used at any time. At the bottom of the phone is an EMERGENCY CALL setup at the bottom.I had 10 tries to input the PIN number ,and after researching possible PIN numbers ,I am down to 3 before a "wipe" is initiated .Best Buy support stated to me the PIN number was set up by my carrier AT&T/Redpocket.Is that true?

I am trying everything I can to avoid a "wipe" or a "reset" of my phone because of all the pics,texts,apps.etc that I have on my phone. Any help you can give me to restore my phone w/o a "reset" will be very appreciated .!!

Comments

• @correra@the-beach.net You will need to contact who ever setup the phone for you. No one here is going to be able to give you a pin or code. There isn't a master pin like you are looking for.

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, this is very odd the only way to have that screen setup is if someone creates a PIN on the phone and specifically chooses the option to ask for a PIN at startup. It won't do that unless you specifically tell it to when you set up the PIN. Meaning if you did not do it then whoever you let handle your phone did it.

There is no way around it because it is a security feature for phones if they are stolen. I believe even if you wipe it you won't be able to set up a new account unless you enter that PIN because again, this is a security feature for phones if they are stolen. Whoever handled your phone must have put a PIN on there and no a carrier will not put a PIN on there only the user can do that. The only thing you can do is find the person who you let use your phone and get the PIN from them.

• I appreciate your comments and trying to understand the exact solution to the problem.

Did you mean ,when my phone was working that every time I started up my phone I had to put in a PIN number for security purposes ? I never had to do that and I never let anyone use my phone.Also , could what they are asking for be a PIN number with a Google account associated with my phone?

• samsamhasamsamha Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@correra@the-beach.net said:
    I appreciate your comments and trying to understand the exact solution to the problem.

Did you mean ,when my phone was working that every time I started up my phone I had to put in a PIN number for security purposes ? I never had to do that and I never let anyone use my phone.Also , could what they are asking for be a PIN number with a Google account associated with my phone?

It is correct. During the setup process, you will get a prompt asking if you would like to enter the pin at startup (it's a security measure). If you have selected that, then you always have to enter the pin first in order to start the device. If you do not want to have this, you can go to Settings > Security > Screen Lock > (enter pin) > PIN > (Secure start-up) > No thanks > Continue > (enter pin) > Continue > (confirm pin) > OK .

Like what was mentioned, you should contact whoever setup the pin for you so you can unlock it and change the setting for you or reset the device so that you can set it up with the pin you want to use.

• How many digits does a PIN number have in this case? Also, if I do a reset won't I still have a problem not knowing the original PIN number?

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@correra@the-beach.net said:
    How many digits does a PIN number have in this case? Also, if I do a reset won't I still have a problem not knowing the original PIN number?

No @correra@the-beach.net. Once you reset it the original PIN is gone.

• shadowsportsshadowsports Bay Area - CAPosts: 109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 11:38AM

Worth mentioning, if you set a finger print to unlock the device, you are required to set a PIN at that time.

Also, if you install work email on the device, most employers also enable Device Administrator , again requiring that you set up a PIN to secure the device. Not sure if this applies in his case, but worth mentioning.

• With my original post in mind...is there any way I could get out of my "frozen Android PIN number request " situation w/o doing a reset?

• Since my "frozen" ZTE Axon 7 phone is showing a need to input an Android PIN number , would it be best for me to go to an"Android" forum and get some more specific help on what seems to be the major problem ?

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Los Angeles, CA Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @correra@the-beach.net

is there any way I could get out of my "frozen Android PIN number request " situation w/o doing a reset?

base on my experience, this is won't be possible....only way you can bypass such screen, is by doing "FDR / Factory Reset" ,

• Since I only have one more try to input a PIN number,Android is asking for ,before a "wipe" is performed automatically,what would happen to my phone ?