ZTE blade z982 overheating.

lhee24lhee24 U.S.APosts: 1
edited December 6, 2017 11:39PM in Blade Z MAX

Why it always overheating when I'm charging my phone? I don't have any case or cover for it and still overheating. I've had my phone for only 3 months. Hope ZTE COMPANY will hear are calling to resolve this issue.

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@lhee24 said:
    Why it always overheating when I'm charging my phone? I don't have any case or cover for it and still overheating. I've had my phone for only 3 months. Hope ZTE COMPANY will hear are calling to resolve this issue.

@lhee24 what is the temperature when you say it's overheating. Phones do get warmer when charging. Without knowing exactly how hot it's getting it's difficult to say if it's hotter than it should be.

• gameslayer4gameslayer4 Glendale AZPosts: 1 ✭✭

My phone gets hot as well. Did 9870#. Check battery info . Condition Good. Don't understand why it's Soo hot

• frankendroidfrankendroid OhioPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 8:18PM

Just a heads up, the device getting hot and actually overheating are two different things. If it overheated it would power itself off and go into limp mode. All devices heat up when under heavy load and charging, the way you feel the heat is based on the dimensions of the device and the insulated materials. Phones get hot, you can just feel it more on some.

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For those that are experiencing the device getting hot while charging, are you using the stock chargers that came with the device to charge, or a 3rd party charger or cable?

• hollaphollap Wisconsin USA Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

For those that are experiencing the device getting hot while charging, are you using the stock chargers that came with the device to charge, or a 3rd party charger or cable?

• jasonejasone Tennessee Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As has been stated before, is it overheating or just getting warm? There is a difference because overheating will either show an error message or shut the phone down. Also, as has been asked, are you using the stock charger and cable? Another question I would have is, are you using the phone while it's charging?

I only charge mine overnight and when I pick it up after it's fully charged the next morning it's never been even slightly warm. It's entirely possible it's getting warm while charging and generally this is not an issue. Most phones get warm while charging or under load, you can just feel it more on some phones as was pointed out.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gameslayer4 said:
    My phone gets hot as well. Did 9870#. Check battery info . Condition Good. Don't understand why it's Soo hot

@Gameslayer your username is the clue as to why your phone is getting hot. What is the actual temperature when you say it's hot?