ZTE blade z982 overheating.

2»

Comments

• thewumpusthewumpus United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2018 4:51AM

Hello? This phone is only 3 months old. Can I at least get a response. Some mod asked for overheating screenshots, so what do you do with mine now, please? Not even one single reply? Ignoring the problem doesn't work for the better business bureau, which apparently earned zte (USA) a 1 star rating. Do customer matter to zte. Or > @thewumpus said:

__****__

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2018 10:34AM

Keep in mind that AIDA64 for android does not offer accurate readings on all of the sensors. Basically if a device lacks the sensor it is trying to read, it will get random values.

The main components in the device that will heat up during heavy use, is the SOC, and through thermal bonding of the SOC using the midframe as a heatsink, and the battery is also attached to the midframe, then some of that heat will make its way to the battery.

For example, if you leave AIDA running but leave the device idle for an hour, and then immediately view the temperatures, you will see that most are well above ambient temperature.

The issue is that it tries to read sensors that are either not present, or read ones that it has no calibration data for, thus it does not know what offset or response curve to add for the sensor.

A component in the phone running at 70+C would create a hotspot on the back of the device that you can't touch, or a blotch on your screen of dead pixels depending on its location

The most power hungry parts of the device, are the SOC, Display, and LTE radio. Some of the power management components can also heat up a little, but with their high efficiency and low overall power consumption of the device, they will not generate much heat.
    Transceivers have also gotten much more efficient over time ans is one of the main ways device makers improve efficiency and battery life aside from more efficient SOCs, thus not much heat generated there.

The SOC on its own will also thermal throttle long before even hitting 60C.

• jackief46jackief46 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not happy with the blade Max I recently purchased it this early this year. Then it keeps saying restarting Android so I got a replacement. Metro doesn't want to give a refund I wonder if the actual company can or a better version

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jackief46 said:
    I'm not happy with the blade Max I recently purchased it this early this year. Then it keeps saying restarting Android so I got a replacement. Metro doesn't want to give a refund I wonder if the actual company can or a better version

Typically if there is an issue that Android keeps restarting it's a bad app. Many people have had issues with the Zedge app on the Blade Z Max, so if you have that app on there remove it and try again. Otherwise have you added any new apps since the issue started? Have you attempted to clear cache (settings->storage->phone->cached data->OK)? These things can help.

• ycv005ycv005 IndiaPosts: 2 ✭✭

Following might be issue-
    1. Check Your Battery and Charger Cable
    2. Could it Be Wi-Fi After All?
    3. Is Your Case Suffocating Your Phone?
    4. Don’t Forget High Intensity Camera Activities

2»