Touchscreen issues

VizariVizari TexasPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem as I am: Sometimes when I'm using only the main screen with the phone "closed", rotating it to landscape causes the screen to only respond to certain taps, not letting me exit the app or even restart the phone while it is unlocked, yet letting me swipe to see the action buttons. It is only resolved when I lock the phone and restart it.

Comments

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    hi, @Vizari , welcome to the forum

    I also have seen something similar. However, on my case, I just rotate the phone to portrait mode and the problem will go away. I tends to see this when I was in dual screen mode and I just close the phone without closing the app. If I close the app and then close the phone and relaunch the app, then, the touch response will work in both landscape and portrait mode.

  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Software bugs? I don't own a M. Has it gotten an update yet?

  • VizariVizari TexasPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

    @samsamha said:
    hi, @Vizari , welcome to the forum

    I also have seen something similar. However, on my case, I just rotate the phone to portrait mode and the problem will go away. I tends to see this when I was in dual screen mode and I just close the phone without closing the app. If I close the app and then close the phone and relaunch the app, then, the touch response will work in both landscape and portrait mode.

    I thought it was the dual screen mode as well but it seems to happen randomly. Usually it happens when I open a landscape app like a game, and then I am unable to leave the app due to the screen not responding except showing me my notification bar and action buttons.

  • VizariVizari TexasPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

    @jasonscarter said:
    Software bugs? I don't own a M. Has it gotten an update yet?

    Not as of now. Hopefully it will soon though.

  • wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2017 2:45PM

    I have had this issue also.
    Hopefully we will get an update soon.
    Mine has happened when in full screen, app unresponsive.
    ZTE does read the community posts so they will see this.
    And welcome to the community
    @Vizari

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Vizari said:

    @samsamha said:
    hi, @Vizari , welcome to the forum

    I also have seen something similar. However, on my case, I just rotate the phone to portrait mode and the problem will go away. I tends to see this when I was in dual screen mode and I just close the phone without closing the app. If I close the app and then close the phone and relaunch the app, then, the touch response will work in both landscape and portrait mode.

    I thought it was the dual screen mode as well but it seems to happen randomly. Usually it happens when I open a landscape app like a game, and then I am unable to leave the app due to the screen not responding except showing me my notification bar and action buttons.

    when this happens, can you rotate the screen to portrait mode and swipe up to access the on screen nav button and use the recent app list to close the app (or return to home)? If you can, close all apps and relaunch the app to see it the problem goes away.

    Does this happen with just 1 or 2 apps or randomly with various app.

  • MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2017 9:11PM

    I've had those issues when I use both screens and close it without switching back to single
    mode. It seems I need to wait a sec when switching at times.

  • VizariVizari TexasPosts: 6 ✭✭✭

    @samsamha said:

    @Vizari said:

    @samsamha said:
    hi, @Vizari , welcome to the forum

    I also have seen something similar. However, on my case, I just rotate the phone to portrait mode and the problem will go away. I tends to see this when I was in dual screen mode and I just close the phone without closing the app. If I close the app and then close the phone and relaunch the app, then, the touch response will work in both landscape and portrait mode.

    I thought it was the dual screen mode as well but it seems to happen randomly. Usually it happens when I open a landscape app like a game, and then I am unable to leave the app due to the screen not responding except showing me my notification bar and action buttons.

    when this happens, can you rotate the screen to portrait mode and swipe up to access the on screen nav button and use the recent app list to close the app (or return to home)? If you can, close all apps and relaunch the app to see it the problem goes away.

    Does this happen with just 1 or 2 apps or randomly with various app.

    That solution works for apps like YouTube where I can rotate it back to portrait and close the app. However when I'm playing fullscreen games and I can't rotate it back to portrait I'm forced to restart the phone as screen will only partially respond to swipes, not taps. It happens randomly, but when it does it affects everytime I go landscape, regardless of the app or even if I'm using an app as this affects the home screen as well.

  • samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Not sure if this would help you but works for me. While the game is still displaying in landscape mode, just rotate the phone to portrait view (even with the screen displaying image as landscape) and swipe up from bottom to see if you can access on the on screen nav buttons to close the game. I found that for the app that I was having odd issue when I forgot to switch to single display mode and just close the phone to switch to 1 display, this would at least let me close the app.

Sign In or Register to comment.