Axon M System Updates

MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 53 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked for an update and it downloaded. It said firmware update after the download. I didn't install because my phone is not charged to 100. We will see what changes.

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm Worcester,MAPosts: 3,110 mod

Which phone do you have @MSTK I thought you had the Axon 7

• jasonejasone TennesseePosts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What is the software version number now?

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 53 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went from build B21 to B22. I'm almost positive my battery is draining faster since the update. It is either that or because I started using this Samsung browser. I've got to test more just to make sure it's not in my head. Lol I use the phone the same for the most part. Maybe it needs to readjust.

@musicdjm said:
    Which phone do you have @MSTK I thought you had the Axon 7

I have both. I got the M to replace the 7. I still keep the 7 on me sometimes to do video recording since I can't get the camera to stop pausing trying record video and use another app on the M.

I did things normally do today and now I have about one hour less of battery is today. It did start to level out at some point but I will see how it runs the next couple of days. I only got about 4 hours of SOT when I normally get 5. I can even pull 6 at times work both screens open watching a video for 2 to 3 hours of that time.

edited December 20, 2017 2:38PM

It's definitely dying faster. Usually I get about 1hour or a little more per 20% of battery. Now it is more like 30 to 45 minutes.

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur with this as I installed the update and it very well seems the battery is draining faster. in 4 hours I went from 74% to 57% thats significant.

I will call AT&T or report it somehow.

I reported issue. I may try to reset my phone and see if that helps.

I charged the phone to 100 then factory reset it while on the charger. I have not had it open as much but things seem more normal now. 51% and I'm at 3 hours of SOT.

Battery issue fixed after a factory reset a few days ago. Tonight the navigation home and recent apps button stopped working. I rebooted about 3 to 4 times and the same issue. AT&T is now sending me my second replacement device. I am not sure if this had anything to do with the update but just noting it.

edited December 24, 2017 9:53PM

Battery issue on my end doesnt seem fixed, 25% battery life drained in 11 hours, with barely any use today. Battery issue still exists. I also did a factory reset after the battery was fully charged.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 16,916 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AngelDeath said:
    Battery issue on my end doesnt seem fixed, 25% battery life drained in 11 hours, with barely any use today. Battery issue still exists. I also did a factory reset after the battery was fully charged.

Go to the "battery" in the settings and see what has been using it. Also thoroughly go through the settings and make adjustments with battery life in mind.

I was not able to factory reset the device with the phone on. I kept getting a com error in settings item. I did the volume rocker and power buttons cache reset per someone's suggestion on this site. That did not work. I did a factory reset again with volume rocker combo and now the phone is working property after the reset. I will see what happens by the time the new phone gets here. I was also told by AT&T that the first replacement phone warranty expires in March 2018. That was kind of weird seeing they the phone has a two year warranty. I'm wondering if something happens after March if I will be told the phone is no longer under warranty. Hopefully no one else has issues.

• westside80westside80 United StatesPosts: 6,567 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2017 11:11PM

@MSTK said:
    I went from build B21 to B22. I'm almost positive my battery is draining faster since the update. It is either that or because I started using this Samsung browser. I've got to test more just to make sure it's not in my head. Lol I use the phone the same for the most part. Maybe it needs to readjust.

I would be highly surprised if it was due to Samsung Internet. I use it on 3 different phones and it uses much less battery than Chrome and Brave browser. I have personally tested Samsung internet against Chrome and Brave and Samsung internet uses much less battery. Try using Chrome for 30 minutes and Samsung internet for 30 minutes and then go look at their battery stats and compare the mAh used. Samsung Internet shouldn't be using any background battery either. It's either in your head or you should just wait a few days and let the phone settle. Sometimes it takes a phone a few days to settle after an update. Or, it could just be a bad update.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@AngelDeath said:

Go to the "battery" in the settings and see what has been using it. Also thoroughly go through the settings and make adjustments with battery life in mind.

Network Cellular Signal

@AngelDeath said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@AngelDeath said:

Network Cellular Signal

What battery percentage is it using? Have you had any connection problems? Dropping the signal?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,409 admin

@MSTK How has the battery life been treating you lately on the Axon M?

I can get through a work day with it closed and using the data saver. I turn on the battery saver often if not all day. I keep WiFi and Bluetooth on most of the time. I also get about 4-6 hours of SOT with them open watching 2-3 hours of video and surfing the web. It's not too bad. I would prefer two or more days but it would need a larger battery. I do not game but I do a lot of video watching and recording. The battery drains fast when recording video but that might be based on the bit rate you record at. I would say most people could go from about 8am til maybe 7-10pm before needing to charge. I keep a charger in my pocket at all times. lol

After over a month of use, the battery time on my phone is horrible, in 12 hours I can go from 100% to 10% I dont watch videos, I dont play games all day, I browse maybe 20 mins on the web. Most of my usage is phone calls, and sms text.

This update seems to have other issues. for example I dont know if its the phone or the casing but swiping down from the top for notifications seems unresponsive, I have to do it about 4 times before it responds. second isssue the screen doesnt turn on quick enough when moving the phone away from your face after a phone call to hang up and the hangup button is grayed out for like 2 seconds once the phone iluminates after moving it away from your face. Most often the person hangs up on the other end faster then I can.

My phone is showing another firmware update but I have not ran it yet. Anyone installed this yet?

I already installed it 2 days ago, No info as to changes or fixes, I can say two fixes that should have been in here are not: 1) swiping down from the top as times is slow to respond, and trying to hang up after a call the touch screen is extremely slow to respond.

I have not noticed the swipe issue. The only time Ive had an issue with slow dialer is when I was multitasking. Meaning I was on the phone while remoting into another computer and using the browser at the same time.

@AngelDeath said:
    I already installed it 2 days ago, No info as to changes or fixes, I can say two fixes that should have been in here are not: 1) swiping down from the top as times is slow to respond, and trying to hang up after a call the touch screen is extremely slow to respond.

@AngelDeath in the main settings clear the cache in the internal storage.

@jimlloyd40 said:

@AngelDeath said:

I just did what you said, it worked for a day, but has since come back. Now I have also noticed since the update that when moving the phone away after speaking the screen isnt waking up right away. I can move the screen away and be holding the phone to look at it in front of me (which takes a normal second) and the screen is just coming on.

@AngelDeath said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@AngelDeath said:

I just did what you said, it worked for a day, but has since come back. Now I have also noticed since the update that when moving the phone away after speaking the screen isnt waking up right away. I can move the screen away and be holding the phone to look at it in front of me (which takes a normal second) and the screen is just coming on.

Have you factory reset yet? That may be your only option if clearing system and app cache didn't help.

@westside80 said:

@AngelDeath said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@AngelDeath said:

Have you factory reset yet? That may be your only option if clearing system and app cache didn't help.

That is not an option, especially with the lack of software that ZTE doesnt provide. I have no intentions of reinstalling everything all over again. If ZTE had a software to make backups of apps and user data along with other information, as others do, then I would attempt this, but without this option, it is not an option for me. And yes I know about 3rd party backup software, unfortunately most of them are image backups in which you couldnt pick and choose things you want restored. Also it was a royal pain syncing my contacts onto this phone from outlook due to the lack of support, its not something i am looking to do again.

edited March 2, 2018 9:10PM

@AngelDeath said:

@westside80 said:

@AngelDeath said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@AngelDeath said:

That is not an option, especially with the lack of software that ZTE doesnt provide. I have no intentions of reinstalling everything all over again. If ZTE had a software to make backups of apps and user data along with other information, as others do, then I would attempt this, but without this option, it is not an option for me. And yes I know about 3rd party backup software, unfortunately most of them are image backups in which you couldnt pick and choose things you want restored. Also it was a royal pain syncing my contacts onto this phone from outlook due to the lack of support, its not something i am looking to do again.

What about WeShare app? Is it not installed on the M? I can't remember what all it backs up but it may help. All your apps should restore like normal once you sign into your Google account. It is a pain but sometimes it's the only way. One thing I love about my Pixel XL was it came with a cable that I could plug to my 6p and it imported everything, even my text messages. It only works on Google phones though. It restored my settings and all. Really cool and made the factory reset a little easier.

@AngelDeath I don't like doing a factory reset either but sometimes it's necessary. And if you do a factory reset from a backup there is a good chance that you will just bring back the problem (s). As far as the proximity sensor goes there are apps that will reset (calibrate) the proximity sensor like the one below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledirection.proximitysensorreset

@jimlloyd40 said:
    @AngelDeath I don't like doing a factory reset either but sometimes it's necessary. And if you do a factory reset from a backup there is a good chance that you will just bring back the problem (s). As far as the proximity sensor goes there are apps that will reset (calibrate) the proximity sensor like the one below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledirection.proximitysensorreset

Just tried the app, we'll see how it goes.