SMS duplication

AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 21, 2017 12:27AM in Axon M

There is a bug in the sms app, or in the phone. I have this connected to my car and also my computer by bluetooth and in my car (Mustang with Sync 3) I have preset responses that I can choose from, no matter which I send the sms app shows that it was sent twice, but its not. I have cortana installed on the phone and linked to my computer, and responding on the computer also shows that it send twice but its not. And I just updated to the B22 thinking it would fix it, but it does not. Anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• AngelDeathAngelDeath USAPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm with certainty, the problem is with the messaging app, I tried 3 different apps and all work as it should with no duplicating.

• MSTKMSTK USAPosts: 60 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have double text messages when I respond to calls with quick reply. I have had that happen on another phone though when i text certain people. I never knew why but i figured it could have possibly been something to do with using cloud backup of text messages.

@MSTK said:
    I do not have double text messages when I respond to calls with quick reply. I have had that happen on another phone though when i text certain people. I never knew why but i figured it could have possibly been something to do with using cloud backup of text messages.

This is not happening with quick reply on the phone, this is happening when using airdroid on your pc or cortana on your pc, or quick replies that are predetermined when driving and you choose from a list (Sync 3 in ford cars).

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,424 admin

@AngelDeath can you specify which other messaging apps you have used were the issue is not present.

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New YorkPosts: 3,424 admin

@AngelDeath I'm working with one of the test engineers to try and reproduce your issue. At this point they have been unable to duplicate your results.

If you could, please walk us through one of the scenarios step by step in which the messages are duplicating. The more details they have the easier it should be for them to duplicate.

@sshasan said:
    @AngelDeath can you specify which other messaging apps you have used were the issue is not present.

I am currently using Textra and the issue is not present.

@sshasan said:
    @AngelDeath I'm working with one of the test engineers to try and reproduce your issue. At this point they have been unable to duplicate your results.

If you could, please walk us through one of the scenarios step by step in which the messages are duplicating. The more details they have the easier it should be for them to duplicate.

There are no details, just sending text msgs caused duplication on my phone. it didnt send duplications, it displays on my phone ads if it sent it twice. Nothing special being done. I'll disable textra and beging to use the default msg app and take a picture and attach a link so you see for yourselves.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Textra for the win.