phone restarted to first time users screen

Kain13Kain13 texasPosts: 16 ✭✭✭

is this just a fluke or is the phone toast? was looking at a pic that i had taken and it restarted 17 times then locked on me held power button down to turn off and on and it started on first time users screen. ths was bought 3 weeks ago.

is there a virus going around that dumps info

Comments

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kain13 said:
    is this just a fluke or is the phone toast? was looking at a pic that i had taken and it restarted 17 times then locked on me held power button down to turn off and on and it started on first time users screen. ths was bought 3 weeks ago.

@Kain13 no there isn't a virus causing that. Did you have to start from scratch and set the phone up again? If you did I would click on that picture again and see if it happens again. Whose picture is it? You need to find out as fast as you can so that you can just return it to the carrier instead of having to send it back to ZTE.

• Kain13Kain13 texasPosts: 16 ✭✭✭

ya i had to restart from scratch. already deleted the photo. i had a another phone with contacts on it or i would be mad about that. it saved pics but dumped contact info. going to try and contact company to see if there is an update. Really disappointed in this new phone.

• jimlloyd40jimlloyd40 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kain13 said:
    ya i had to restart from scratch. already deleted the photo. i had a another phone with contacts on it or i would be mad about that. it saved pics but dumped contact info. going to try and contact company to see if there is an update. Really disappointed in this new phone.

@Kain13 you have a Gmail account don't you? All you need to do is sign into Google and your contacts are there.

• westside80westside80 KentuckyPosts: 5,814 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kain13 said:

Good God, 17 times?

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,256 admin

@Kain13 Any updates on the issue you were having?

• Kain13Kain13 texasPosts: 16 ✭✭✭

it restarted again when i tried to look at storage.

• sshasansshasan Z-Community Moderator New York Posts: 3,256 admin

@Kain13 said:
    it restarted again when i tried to look at storage.

Go ahead and contact your carrier. The device comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. They will walk you through the replacement process.