ZTE Blade V9 outed by ZTE Spain site

trottertrotter United StatesPosts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I came across this on Twitter. GizChina has an article about it which I will quote in part:

"The ZTE Blade V9 is a 5.7inch FHD+ Incell display handset with modern 18:9 ratio. The design of the phone features a double glass-sided construction and has a reflective finish.

Moving to a full-screen design has lead ZTE to move the fingerprint scanner for the phone on the rear and even though it gets a larger 3200mAh battery than the V8 it still manages to measure only 7.5mm thick.

The Blade V9 will run Android Oreo on a Snapdragon 450 chipset with RAM options ranging from 2GB, 3GB and 4GB there will also be memory options from 16GB to 64GB. Dual SIM support and a micro SD slot are part of the package as well.

As with similar phones, the V9 has dual rear cameras this time including a 16 megapixel sensor and 5 megapixel sensor with F1.8 aperture and 6P lens.

ZTE will offer the V9 in black and gold colour options and it’s believed that the phone will be launched alongside similar V9 Pro, V9 Lite, and V9 Mini variants."

Pics at the GizChina article and on ZTE.es, both below.
https://gizchina.com/2017/12/27/new-full-screen-zte-blade-v9-phone-leaked-spanish-website/

zte.es/index.php/producto/blade-v9/

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if they will bring these to the USA. The V8 Pro didn't do as well here as I think ZTE would have liked. 4GB of RAM and a 630 chipset would make this a compelling unlocked phone to go against the Moto G6 phones that will be coming out in 2018.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Someone please tell ZTE to not offer a 2 GB of RAM version so that we don't have to answer the question about why you can't switch between recent apps without the previous app closing.

I would equate that perhaps to poor RAM management or user error, maybe even certain apps just hogging everything up (like Facebork). I have used other phones with 2GB of ram over the last couple years and don't have those issues. Not super fast phones, but still ok.

Just bought my kids new ZTE Blade Spark phones for xmas and they have been glued to them most of the day for 3 days straight and I keep asking them how they're doing and they have no complaints yet. They are just young kids though and don't need a flagship phone, so who knows what other users may be trying to do with theirs.
    Earlier today I watched my kid playing a game on his for a minute. Don't recall the name of the game, but it looked like pretty intense gaming, and the ZTE didn't miss a beat. We'll see how it goes, but so far so good.

OTOH, if ZTE potentially offers the V9 with 3GB and 4GB of RAM, it seems silly to also offer the 2GB version.
    Does eliminating 1 GB of RAM (down form 3GB) really save the OEM enough to offer a substantial discount anyway?
    Plus there should probably be a choice of a 6GB too (why not!).
    Also the minimum memory options should be 32 -or- 64 -or 128. No device should only be 16 GB these days.
    I'd say 3GB+32, 4GB+64, and 6GB+128 would be great options to choose from.
    Make the 6GB+128 a "limited edition" version to justify the higher end price too.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@DoppelgangerD said:

@jimlloyd40 said:
    Someone please tell ZTE to not offer a 2 GB of RAM version so that we don't have to answer the question about why you can't switch between recent apps without the previous app closing.

I would equate that perhaps to poor RAM management or user error, maybe even certain apps just hogging everything up (like Facebork). I have used other phones with 2GB of ram over the last couple years and don't have those issues. Not super fast phones, but still ok.

Just bought my kids new ZTE Blade Spark phones for xmas and they have been glued to them most of the day for 3 days straight and I keep asking them how they're doing and they have no complaints yet. They are just young kids though and don't need a flagship phone, so who knows what other users may be trying to do with theirs.
    Earlier today I watched my kid playing a game on his for a minute. Don't recall the name of the game, but it looked like pretty intense gaming, and the ZTE didn't miss a beat. We'll see how it goes, but so far so good.

OTOH, if ZTE potentially offers the V9 with 3GB and 4GB of RAM, it seems silly to also offer the 2GB version.
    Does eliminating 1 GB of RAM (down form 3GB) really save the OEM enough to offer a substantial discount anyway?
    Plus there should probably be a choice of a 6GB too (why not!).
    Also the minimum memory options should be 32 -or- 64 -or 128. No device should only be 16 GB these days.
    I'd say 3GB+32, 4GB+64, and 6GB+128 would be great options to choose from.
    Make the 6GB+128 a "limited edition" version to justify the higher end price too.

I agree completely about the minimum RAM and memory. I don't know how much RAM the Blade Spark has but I would guess it has 2 GB which leads me to ask why ZTE can control RAM usage on that phone but not with the three main ones in the forum having so many problems with only 2 GB of RAM. The three that there are current threads about RAM management the Blade V8 Pro, Zmax Pro and the Blade Z Max.

Yes, 2GB in the Blade Spark.
    I'm not saying those other phones don't have any issues, but I honestly think, based on the amount of complaints compared to the amount of owners, the latter number is much much larger than the first.
    So perhaps it's a combination of certain apps and the way certain users are using it.
    Heck it could even partially be related to cellular radios since my kids only use theirs on wifi,
    but at the same time it's also a different phone, so... It's very difficult to figure these things out sometimes.

The good news is we already know they are running an active (yet private) beta for the Blade Z Max,
    so hopefully some of said alleged issues may be fixed after updates resulting from that beta.
    I think a device with 2GB of RAM will certainly always be limited, so any user needs to be aware that they need to use the device in accordance with the specifications of the device. If they attempt to do things only a much more powerful device is usually capable of, they need to buy the device that meets their needs.
    If a cheaper phone could do it all, then there would be no need for higher end devices.

All of this is getting to the point of off topic though, so I digress.