ZTE Axon 7 Oreo Feature Request/Petition

Comments

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rafabrasil85 said:
    Dear ZTE. Please let me choose a screen saver (former daydream) to use when I'm charging with my dock (why did you remove this function among others from Android? Make no sense). Please remove that damn volume warning when I raise it. It is a pain in the **** when I'm using Daydream VR and the sound is very low. I have to remove headset and earphones in order to fix this. Also, I would like to ask you some features which other phones already have and it would be nice if we get:

• Always on display (why do we have an AMOLED display and can't have an option to access this?)
    • Customizeable LED notification (more options per app)
    • Double click on screen to turn it off (optional)
    • Double press on power button to access camera or other app
    • Double press shortcuts on home and left dot capacitive buttons
    • Draw on off screen to quick launch a shortcut or app (like on OnePlus Oxygen OS)
    • Game Mode (like Samsung)
    • Gesture support fingerprint sensor (like on Pixel)
    • Notification LED should have an optional timeout. I would like to have LED on until I turn on my phone screen.
    • One hand mode (like on Samsung's phones)
    • Optional navigation buttons bar for night use
    • The lock on multitask does not stick the app. When I press X, it closes. So what is the use of this lock?
    • Turn on screen with notifications and Raise to wake up screen options (like on iPhone)
    • Swipe on proximity sensor to show a glance with clock and notifications when screen is off
      Also, you guys removed a lot of features from stock Android:

• Camera2 API is incomplete

• Format SD as internal storage was removed
    • Light/dark modes were removed
    • Pin icon on top in share menu removed
    • Share menu shortcuts with most used contacts on top removed
    • Select default SIM to make a call. I can't make a call from my Android Wear using dual SIM because I have to pick up my phone to choose which SIM I want to use. Does this make sense to you?
    • System UI notifications importances removed
    • Touch to talk accessibility removed
      There are others but I can't remember now.
      My wish list is a long one. Please pick most or all and deliver to us. I love your hardware. Make me fall in love also with your software and be proud of it. Thanks!

Wow dude just wow some of the items you chose for 1 are hardware based 2 the old daydream wallpaper thing no offense man but bad idea we are using AMOLED displays and that causes screen burn in you seriously ask for alot bud and when you find that phone and trust me you won't pm me because I'll buy it to good luck in searching for the God of all phones

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@smh032395 said:

@rafabrasil85 said:
    Dear ZTE. Please let me choose a screen saver (former daydream) to use when I'm charging with my dock (why did you remove this function among others from Android? Make no sense). Please remove that damn volume warning when I raise it. It is a pain in the **** when I'm using Daydream VR and the sound is very low. I have to remove headset and earphones in order to fix this. Also, I would like to ask you some features which other phones already have and it would be nice if we get:

• Always on display (why do we have an AMOLED display and can't have an option to access this?)
    • Customizeable LED notification (more options per app)
    • Double click on screen to turn it off (optional)
    • Double press on power button to access camera or other app
    • Double press shortcuts on home and left dot capacitive buttons
    • Draw on off screen to quick launch a shortcut or app (like on OnePlus Oxygen OS)
    • Game Mode (like Samsung)
    • Gesture support fingerprint sensor (like on Pixel)
    • Notification LED should have an optional timeout. I would like to have LED on until I turn on my phone screen.
    • One hand mode (like on Samsung's phones)
    • Optional navigation buttons bar for night use
    • The lock on multitask does not stick the app. When I press X, it closes. So what is the use of this lock?
    • Turn on screen with notifications and Raise to wake up screen options (like on iPhone)
    • Swipe on proximity sensor to show a glance with clock and notifications when screen is off
      Also, you guys removed a lot of features from stock Android:

• Camera2 API is incomplete

• Format SD as internal storage was removed
    • Light/dark modes were removed
    • Pin icon on top in share menu removed
    • Share menu shortcuts with most used contacts on top removed
    • Select default SIM to make a call. I can't make a call from my Android Wear using dual SIM because I have to pick up my phone to choose which SIM I want to use. Does this make sense to you?
    • System UI notifications importances removed
    • Touch to talk accessibility removed
      There are others but I can't remember now.
      My wish list is a long one. Please pick most or all and deliver to us. I love your hardware. Make me fall in love also with your software and be proud of it. Thanks!

Wow dude just wow some of the items you chose for 1 are hardware based 2 the old daydream wallpaper thing no offense man but bad idea we are using AMOLED displays and that causes screen burn in you seriously ask for alot bud and when you find that phone and trust me you won't pm me because I'll buy it to good luck in searching for the God of all phones

Your punctuation buttons are broken :)

Your punctuation buttons are broken :)

I don't typically use punctuation when typing on my cellphone I've never seen the use in it sorry man you can suck it up or skip my comments when seeing my name have a hell of a day

@westside80 said:
    Punctuation makes it easier to read what you're trying to say. Without punctuation all your sentences run together. Makes it harder to read. Install the Grammarly keyboard and it'll put all your punctuation in for you. It'll make it easier for you and whoever is reading your post.

I'll give it a try.

• TGstringTGstring TorontoPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭

let me assign custom ringtones/sounds to my contacts for each item (calls, sms, emails, other notifications....)
    this could be the only smartphone I've ever owned that does not allow for this. it's baffling considering the features otherwise.

please fix this!!

• anl123anl123 Posts: 9 ✭✭✭

I hope more support for Arabic language in Axon 7 phone, better Arabic language support in the interface and apps, and I hope they add Arabic language in languages of phone because there are many of Arabic people use this great phone! 🌻

• ledijulediju NigeriaPosts: 1 ✭✭✭✭

Can you please add portrait mode on the upcoming Oreo update for axon 7. Thanks

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 779 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Put the notification sounds in the "notifications" folder and the ringtone sounds in the "ringtone" folder. Thus, this removes them from the "music" folder where they don't belong.

• ir3vvvir3vvv AustraliaPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

could replace the ZTE gallery with "Simple Gallery" from the playstore? it's free and easier to use.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Some great ideas in this thread. If nothing else it hammers home the importance of the features that users want. I hope that if these features aren't implemented in the Axon 7 Oreo update, that they are at least implemented in the Axon 9 device coming out this year.

I also had the pleasure of meeting ZTE company officials, engineers, and researchers last week in Las Vegas. Trust me that the Z community, my self included, reiterated most of these points to ZTE at this meeting.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@hollap said:
    Some great ideas in this thread. If nothing else it hammers home the importance of the features that users want. I hope that if these features aren't implemented in the Axon 7 Oreo update, that they are at least implemented in the Axon 9 device coming out this year.

I also had the pleasure of meeting ZTE company officials, engineers, and researchers last week in Las Vegas. Trust me that the Z community, my self included, reiterated most of these points to ZTE at this meeting.

@hollap ZTE is skipping over the Axon 8 that was never released and just going to call it the Axon 9? Anything else that you would care to share with us? 😀

Edited. I see where that information came from now. Good to see you back in the forum @hollap.

There is a lot I would like to share with you, but I signed an NDA, and would like to stay here :D

• nareshcn7nareshcn7 Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's a bit late to request as the oreo already in beta stage but hope to see these features in future updates to the extent possible.

1.always on display
    2. One handed mode
    3. Dark theme
    4. Optional navigation buttons with time settings like auto on during particular time period during a day
    5. Finger print gesture support.

• cf07cf07 CanadaPosts: 116 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wish list

Return adaptive storage?
    Double tap screen on/off. Active/stand by.
    Carrier label at centre of top banner. Or..show it smewhere in phone and messaging app.

• chavochavo D/FWPosts: 84 ✭✭✭✭✭

An improvement on the stock music player would be nice,as would a new bluetooth stack that would improve connectivity and hold the signal.

• chavochavo D/FWPosts: 84 ✭✭✭✭✭

And AptX please!

• caelironstaffcaelironstaff USAPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

Camera2 API would be my must have. Other items mentioned by other users would be nice, but I think all are in agreement that the main negative for this device to us is the lack of this api.

• ThedevalThedeval United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 4:39PM

Please allow sdcard to be formatted to internal for use with storing apps. Fix the lack of notification tone customization, particularly with Google messenger. It will only use the default notification or sillent.
    Thanks in advance.
    Thedeval

• ThedevalThedeval United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 6:44PM

I can select the "music" tone from Google Messenger, but it does not actually "save" it... For some reason, it uses the "default notification" tone, which is 3rd opt for tones. (Ringtones, Message tone, "notification tone").
    I don't know if the "extra SIM Card slot" is what is messing up Google messenger, or if it is the "message tone" Vs. "notification tone"... All I know is that this is stopping the ability to have different personalized tones assigned to your contacts. What is funny about this issue is that if I just pick one of the standard "ringtones", (not "music") then it works.

Not expecting a fix for this in 7.1.1, but I am hopping that 8 will account for whatever/however Google messenger is tripping up on the axon 7. Being as Google is a major app in use.

Thanks again.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2018 12:42PM

@westside80 said:

@Thedeval said:
    I can select the "music" tone from Google Messenger, but it does not actually "save" it... For some reason, it uses the "default notification" tone, which is 3rd opt for tones. (Ringtones, Message tone, "notification tone").
    I don't know if the "extra SIM Card slot" is what is messing up Google messenger, or if it is the "message tone" Vs. "notification tone"... All I know is that this is stopping the ability to have different personalized tones assigned to your contacts. What is funny about this issue is that if I just pick one of the standard "ringtones", (not "music") then it works.

Not expecting a fix for this in 7.1.1, but I am hopping that 8 will account for whatever/however Google messenger is tripping up on the axon 7. Being as Google is a major app in use.

Thanks again.

I still don't know how I feel about Android P though.

Man your aren't kidding.. So far I'm not liking the theming that Google has used as it looks like LG & old TouchWiz mashed together.
    I think Google should've just continued to refine the OS and add features that enhance usability.
    So far, to me Android P looks like a step back...

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@Thedeval said:

Thanks again.

I still don't know how I feel about Android P though.

Man your aren't kidding.. So far I'm not liking the theming that Google has used as it looks like LG & old TouchWiz mashed together.
    I think Google should've just continued to refine the OS and add features that enhance usability.
    So far, to me Android P looks like a step back...

And still no dark theme. People have been asking for a dark theme for years.