13»

Comments

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@ram1220 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@Thedeval said:
    I can select the "music" tone from Google Messenger, but it does not actually "save" it... For some reason, it uses the "default notification" tone, which is 3rd opt for tones. (Ringtones, Message tone, "notification tone").
    I don't know if the "extra SIM Card slot" is what is messing up Google messenger, or if it is the "message tone" Vs. "notification tone"... All I know is that this is stopping the ability to have different personalized tones assigned to your contacts. What is funny about this issue is that if I just pick one of the standard "ringtones", (not "music") then it works.

Not expecting a fix for this in 7.1.1, but I am hopping that 8 will account for whatever/however Google messenger is tripping up on the axon 7. Being as Google is a major app in use.

Thanks again.

I still don't know how I feel about Android P though.

Man your aren't kidding.. So far I'm not liking the theming that Google has used as it looks like LG & old TouchWiz mashed together.
    I think Google should've just continued to refine the OS and add features that enhance usability.
    So far, to me Android P looks like a step back...

And still no dark theme. People have been asking for a dark theme for years.

And Google has already said there won't be a dark theme on Android P. Google really doesn't care what the user wants. It's pretty clear. If they did there would be a dark theme. They act like it's too hard to do. Give me a break. It's not too hard for Huawei, Honor, Samsung, OnePlus and others but it's too hard for Google. Pitiful. And they've took away the ability to use Substratum on Android P. It's like they don't want you to customize your phone but isn't that what Android is all about?

Exactly! And honestly this is why I am thinking about switching to iphone. They just work. I hear people say well Android lets you customize so much more. But if this is being taken away from users then why not start looking at a phone that works? I'll probably just go back to an HTC phone. But Apple is in the back of my mind. I want a phone that I can use. Not one that I have to constantly work on or fix.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 688 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@westside80 said:

@ram1220 said:

@texasmade1 said:

@westside80 said:

@Thedeval said:
    I can select the "music" tone from Google Messenger, but it does not actually "save" it... For some reason, it uses the "default notification" tone, which is 3rd opt for tones. (Ringtones, Message tone, "notification tone").
    I don't know if the "extra SIM Card slot" is what is messing up Google messenger, or if it is the "message tone" Vs. "notification tone"... All I know is that this is stopping the ability to have different personalized tones assigned to your contacts. What is funny about this issue is that if I just pick one of the standard "ringtones", (not "music") then it works.

Not expecting a fix for this in 7.1.1, but I am hopping that 8 will account for whatever/however Google messenger is tripping up on the axon 7. Being as Google is a major app in use.

Thanks again.

I still don't know how I feel about Android P though.

Man your aren't kidding.. So far I'm not liking the theming that Google has used as it looks like LG & old TouchWiz mashed together.
    I think Google should've just continued to refine the OS and add features that enhance usability.
    So far, to me Android P looks like a step back...

And still no dark theme. People have been asking for a dark theme for years.

It's like they don't want you to customize your phone but isn't that what Android is all about?

It's what it used to be about, and is what got me to buy the OG G1. I rooted it and have been customizing ever since. This step that Google P is making is backwards. It seems as if Google is tightening the walls of it's garden, slowly taking away things that have made Android as popular as it is in the modding & rom'ing world.. Sad direction Android has taken

• smh032395smh032395 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think Google will realize the error of their ways! Everyone takes one step forward then takes two back! So let's all join in the Google prayer and believe! But seriously I don't think they'll make this a final product.

• Gilad_KingsleyGilad_Kingsley IsraelPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I think you should add camera2 API so we can use 3rd party camera apps like google camera

• aprilfoolaprilfool CanadaPosts: 50 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimlloyd40 said:

@rafabrasil85 said:
    Dear ZTE. Please let me choose a screen saver (former daydream) to use when I'm charging with my dock (why did you remove this function among others from Android? Make no sense). Please remove that damn volume warning when I raise it. It is a pain in the **** when I'm using Daydream VR and the sound is very low. I have to remove headset and earphones in order to fix this. Also, I would like to ask you some features which other phones already have and it would be nice if we get:

• Always on display (why do we have an AMOLED display and can't have an option to access this?)
    • Customizeable LED notification (more options per app)
    • Double click on screen to turn it off (optional)
    • Double press on power button to access camera or other app
    • Double press shortcuts on home and left dot capacitive buttons
    • Draw on off screen to quick launch a shortcut or app (like on OnePlus Oxygen OS)
    • Game Mode (like Samsung)
    • Gesture support fingerprint sensor (like on Pixel)
    • Notification LED should have an optional timeout. I would like to have LED on until I turn on my phone screen.
    • One hand mode (like on Samsung's phones)
    • Optional navigation buttons bar for night use
    • The lock on multitask does not stick the app. When I press X, it closes. So what is the use of this lock?
    • Turn on screen with notifications and Raise to wake up screen options (like on iPhone)
    • Swipe on proximity sensor to show a glance with clock and notifications when screen is off
      Also, you guys removed a lot of features from stock Android:

• Camera2 API is incomplete

• Format SD as internal storage was removed
    • Light/dark modes were removed
    • Pin icon on top in share menu removed
    • Share menu shortcuts with most used contacts on top removed
    • Select default SIM to make a call. I can't make a call from my Android Wear using dual SIM because I have to pick up my phone to choose which SIM I want to use. Does this make sense to you?
    • System UI notifications importances removed
    • Touch to talk accessibility removed
      There are others but I can't remember now.
      My wish list is a long one. Please pick most or all and deliver to us. I love your hardware. Make me fall in love also with your software and be proud of it. Thanks!

You mentioned several features that only some phones have and what you are requesting is that ZTE incorporate all of these features into one phone. We all would like to have the perfect phone.

That list adds up to a Homer Simpson phone. : )

• ThedevalThedeval United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

OK, as posted/listed in this thread before.... I am not able to assign individual ringtones to each contact in google messenger on my axon 7, like i was on my LG stylo2 plus. After digging and trying a few things, like other services, which acted the same way, I have come to the opinion that the software is not allowing the messenger service to see any file location other than the "stock internal ringtone file" that is of course hidden and can't be modified. I can't say if 7.0 did this on the axon, but I do know that my LG is 7.0 and works just fine... Maybe 7.1.1 is the issue???, or maybe it is the axon???... Can someone that has the early oreo 8 see if they are able to assign "non-stock" notification tones to each of there contacts? That way if it does not work, there is a chance it can be added to the list of things to fix/improve. I would hate to think we are losing features as the software gets better....lol

Thanks in advance to whom ever takes the time to check into this/proof it out... 8)

@jimlloyd40 said:

@Thedeval are you sure that when you try to select a ringtone for a specific person when the phone switches to the screen with the selection of ringtones that there isn't a column in the middle labeled "music"?

Yes, there is such a column, but when I pick a tone/song out of the "music" column, all it does is show me scissors to let "edit" the tone length. Regardless if I edit or not, once I hit save at the bottom of the column, it either sets the notification as what ever the default tone is set to in the ringtone column, or it sets it to silent. The only way to have different tones for each contact is to pick from the "ringtone" column on the left... which is all stock tones... none of my custom/downloaded tones show up in the left column... because they are not saved in the "hidden internal folder" that the stock tones are located in....

yes, I have tried a several actually.... lol

there are surprising few that let you work with Gboard and Bitmoji... even if I give up that combo, and just see if the tones can be costumed to each contact... I have not found one yet... add in that the chances of finding one that does, and also works with Gboard, and Bitmoji, I think I have better chance of 8 being the solution...

it's just killing me that this does not work... it seems like such an obvious feature that we have had for years.... hard to believe that no one checked this at the roll-out of 7.1 ??????

I just must be missing something... ??!!??!!??!!??*****

OMG.... i mean... OMFG....

say hello to MR DUMMAS....

under apps>app info> Permissions> I did not have "STORAGE" flipped on... (or location for that matter)...

no wonder Google Messenger would not "select" a music tone... no "rights to storage files"...

now I just need to see where it is looking... external or internal storage music files...

but that is a looooooooooot better than where I was before.... haha

thanks guys... sorry to be a noob... but better than a nub... 8)

• sirhc.csirhc.c Prince Rupert, BCPosts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just want ACTIVE DUAL SIMM TO WORK PROPERLY! PLEASE!

• nareshcn7nareshcn7 Posts: 10 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello ZTE, please add dark theme to compliment the amoled screen before final release of oreo if incase it is not added already in beta.

13»