Why cant anyone hear me on other end

tink2007tink2007 Bonney lake waPosts: 1

Why does my ZTEMax xl go into do not disurb mode anytime im on a call microphone shuts off completly

Best Answer

Answers

• mtharlermtharler North CarolinaPosts: 1 ✭✭

I have a MAX XL that issues causing the microphone not to work. When I first realize that it didn't work the day after purchasing from Boost Mobile Store, I started the process with boost tech support to troubleshoot with no avail. I was prompted to ship the device to ZTE for resolve, but before I had completed the process, it started working with no explanation as to what or why.. less than 24 hours later stopped again. I finished getting everything in order to ship for warranty claim, then it started working again just as I was about to package and ship. I don't think it's been 48 hours now, and it's off again. It's like someone is messing with me or something and I feel defeated. I suspect this thing is a lemon, but I fear as soon as I send it off whoever checks it out won't be able to find anything wrong and thus, make me out to be a liar. Just wanted to post this in the event anyone else has had similar issues.
    I'm truly disappointed with the position Boost Mobile takes with the "we just provide the service, it's up to you to get it fixed after we sell" policy!

• celemarie03celemarie03 San Antonio, txPosts: 2 ✭✭

I am having the same problem. It is very frustrating. I just bought this phone and nothing can be done. I can't exchange it for another phone because my carrier said its too late. I can't afford another one either. I am not very happy. I use my phone for work and this BS is affecting my job. Now I may have to go to another carrier for a free phone. Ugh! This phone was poorly made and in passing for it.

• celemarie03celemarie03 San Antonio, txPosts: 2 ✭✭

The do not disturb comes on while on a phone call, then nobody can hear me. Even if I turn it off, it still doesn't work.

• larry_hualarry_hua United StatesPosts: 207 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@celemarie03 @mtharler @tink2007 Please check your community inbox. Thank you.

• sharonlizsharonliz New Orleans Posts: 1 ✭✭

I just got my phone yesterday and having the same problem.

• KenPKenP United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭
    I had the same issue yesterday. Nobody could hear me on the voice call no matter whether i received the call or I called. The way I fixed it is to toggle Do Not Disturb setting. It was set to Never already. But I toggled it to Always then Scheduled and then back to Never. Then the Mic works for both handset and speaker mode.