Highlights of Z-Community’s 2018 CES Fan Event

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 3,648 admin

Twenty-one Z-Community fans, three jam-packed days and a city that lives up to its reputation. Here are noteworthy highlights of our 2nd annual Z-Community CES Fan Event.

Without a doubt, Z-Community’s 2018 CES Fan Event was a blast. We took the wraps off of several top secret projects, dined at some amazing restaurants, rode on the world's largest Ferris wheel, flew over the strip in a helicopter, drooled all over the CES show floor (we’re a bunch of nerds), and much more.

But before we continue, let’s do a quick recap of 2017. First and foremost, we’ll be the first to admit that 2017 was not the most exciting year for new products (ahem, Axon 8). While that was the case, we were able to regroup in many other ways, especially learning more than ever what customers want and need in a smartphone. A year's worth of feedback goes a long way and it isn’t an easy task to break it all down, but a promise is a promise and the Z-Community team has always put the consumer at the #1 spot when it comes to product development. With 2018 upon us, we’re gaining momentum across departments to help deliver both hardware and software that measures up to what our community expects and deserves.

Okay, back to the CES Fan Event. This year we tried something new after listening to feedback from 2017’s event. The first full day was dubbed ‘’Demo Day’’ where we showed off some of what ZTE has in the works for 2018 and 2019. After some hands-on time and many surveys later, we gathered together for some intense debates to help solidify what users want - most of which align with what our community has been asking for all along. On top of this, we had a panel of top ZTE decision makers sit in and listen to what our fans had to say. By the way, they were pretty impressed with the amount of knowledge that Z-Community Fans brings to the table. And yes, we rubbed it in their face and said: “we told you so.”

Moving on from Demo Day, here are a few highlights that transpired the rest of the week. We took in the Fremont Street Experience (the Times Square of Vegas), ate at some swanky restaurants including Buddy V’s (The Cake Boss), watched Mobile Geezer break it down (again), celebrated John Williams birthday at Wahlburgers, stayed up way past our bedtimes, and most of all had a great time with #ZTEFam living the #ZTELife.

There is one more special occasion worth elaborating in greater detail, and I think our fans would agree. On our last night in Las Vegas, we had a farewell dinner with more than 20 ZTE executives, some of whom had not been directly exposed to Z-Community in the past. We were joined by our Global CEO, the CEO of ZTE USA, along with executives across R&D and Sales teams. In a very intimate setting, our fans were able to speak directly to the entire group of ZTE executives, sharing their heartfelt feedback about how ZTE can further improve to win their mindshare in the future.

Global CEO Lixin Cheng

But the conversations didn’t end there. When then we sat down to enjoy our meal, with fans and employees intertwined across different tables. We talked, laughed, and got to know each other better. Fans shared their stories, what they expected out of ZTE for 2018 and going forward. ZTE executives were very impressed with the deep level of engagement and passion of Z-Community. Furthermore, we had several new internal “converts” who now understand what our CEO meant when he first coined the phrase “ZTE puts consumers at the heart of everything we do.” Suffice it to say, discussions that night will have a lasting effect on ZTE products going forward.

To everyone who joined us last week, thank you for the fun and meaningful times we shared. We got to see some old friends and make a bunch of new ones. And not only was it an amazing time, we’re certain that sometime in the future, we can pinpoint the activities of this event that marked important changes that started to take shape. And that’s why your Z-Community Team gets up every morning; to prioritize and amplify our users’ voice in order to improve current and future products. Happy New Year to everyone and here’s to better products in 2018!

Comments

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,117 mod
    edited January 17, 2018 4:13PM

@sshasan Well Said!!! This was an experience to remember and I will never forget the great conversations shared by all. ZTE is definitely listening to Z-Community’s feedback and really great things are coming down the pipeline. I’m so proud of this community and all of the great conversations and feedback we produce. 2018 will be the year for change and I can’t wait to experience it first hand in this community.

:)

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,554 mod

ZTE continues to amaze me with their willingness and desire to listen. Not only did they take time to speak to us, they sat down and talked with us one on one. It was a great week, but the farewell dinner was most memorable for me.

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks awesome guys! Hope to join you all in Vegas sometime!

• runtohell121runtohell121 United StatesPosts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2018 1:55AM

Looks like y'all had fun :smile:; awesome team, awesome community!

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,601 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

ZTE listens for sure. Sometimes you may not get the information you seek as fast as you would like, but they are listening.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Man, you guys sure have a great time in Vegas.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,337 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2018 11:02AM

@sshasan That was very informative and well written. It is safe to say that ZTE listens to and takes care of their community members better than most for sure. I am happy that I could participate and be part of the Z-Community!

• chuckbortchuckbort United StatesPosts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan Thank you very much for sharing part of the experience with the rest of us. I really think it helps bring everyone back in a bit when we can see the company really is there and listening. We may not have all been able to see and experience what is coming but I for one am very excited!

• busymanbusyman CanadaPosts: 401 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can someone who attended please send some secrets our way? :p

• keithisreal2013keithisreal2013 Austin, TexasPosts: 181 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again to the ZTE team for this amazing trip. There was so much info, there was no way to remember it all....and I will say that the chicken and waffles had me sitting full for almost the entire day,,,lol!

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

^ He asked for a secret so I obliged. Thanks for reading the article though. It's more than I did, lol.

Anyway, this really was an excellent writeup that sshasan put together for the CES Fan Event.
    It was absolutely one of the most memorable events ever for me and an abundance of thanks goes to ZTE and the Z-Community for hosting it. Cheers to the whole Z-Community staff for an incredible experience!

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018 4:07PM

@keithisreal2013 said:
    Thanks again to the ZTE team for this amazing trip. There was so much info, there was no way to remember it all....and I will say that the chicken and waffles had me sitting full for almost the entire day,,,lol!

Man I wish there was a Hash House in my area! Their Chicken and Waffles were good enough to die for; I could eat until the Cholesterol Reaper came for me lol.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,554 mod

@saeedted Their food was crazy good, but I couldn't eat a quarter of what they served me. Portions were family sized..lol

• 14blank4014blank40 United StatesPosts: 402 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Aw man, sounds like it was a good time and that there are some exciting products yet to come out! Can't wait to see what 2018 has in store... Although I probably can't afford most of what's in store lol. Still very exciting though

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time and I'm glad to know all our feedback is being heard. Hope to see more exciting things coming from ZTE in 2018.

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,124 mod

@jasone said:
    Sounds like you guys had an awesome time and I'm glad to know all our feedback is being heard. Hope to see more exciting things coming from ZTE in 2018.

People are really gonna be excited for what ZTE will be doing this year thats for sure. It was alot of fun not only seeing the ZTEFam but just being around a huge group of like minded friends talking about tech what more could you ask for. Also got to spend a good amount of time talking with different executives that not only wanted to listen but also picked out brains about all the questions they could think of to make sure they had as much info as possible