It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This issue arose roughly 45 minutes ago when I was laying in bed checking my phone while it was on the charger. I had been on it for a while now and was about to set my alarms and go to bed. Then I received the low battery alert...while it was plugged in...
I prayed it was the adapter, or the cable, or even just a junky wall outlet, but after trying several different cables I feel that the only true answer is that my charging port has malfunctioned/shorted in some way.
Here's the weird stuff that's going on:
* Plugging into (any)charger results in a continuous flashing red indicator and a repeated vibration (much like you would expect when normally plugging the phone it...except repeated in 2 second intervals)
* Plugging into a PC yields a response from my computer that the device currently plugged in is pulling more power than the port can provide and a short is suspected.
* The device will not charge or even recognize a cable while turned on.
I have tested with 3 different adapters(including factory) and 3 different cables(including factory). I have wiped the cache partition and am trying to avoid a factory reset, but I did manage to turn it off with a small amount of juice left in case a factory reset was deemed necessary.
My questions are as follows:
* Do you think that I should contact the service department?
* Should I factory reset if I plan on sending it in for repairs? Will they do that anyway?
* How long do repairs and returns take?
If others are having this issue, please feel free to share your experiences.
I have had this phone for a year and during that time I have been a strong proponent of the Axon series as well as ZTE as a company. The phone has performed to and beyond my expectations. Even if the camera tries to bust a move from time to time and even if the default keyboard app now has ads (...okay, so maybe the keyboard having ads isn't okay) I still enjoy the power and speed this phone provides. It took me 2 months of research to determine that this phone was indeed the one that I wanted. I looked at sound tests, screen brightness tests, durability tests, battery tests, countless comparisons of photo quality and benchmarks. After acquiring it, I swore to protect this device and that it would be the only electronic device that I would not replace in 2 years. I feel that this phone has met a fate unbecoming of it far too soon and I am very concerned about the process of it's repair.